Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Re-balance borgs so they can't immunize themselves to flashes
I'm keeping this short. People were complaining about borgs making themselves nearly unstoppable with upgraded batteries, force shields, and a recovery upgrade on Discord. I haven't seen it but tbh I don't want to see it before it gets touched. Suggestion: Make recovery upgrade not clear disoriented status and make disoriented status stop borgs from using any area weapons (looking at you, beakers full of death chems).

Any other suggestions from people who actually know/understand current borg mechanics appreciated as I'm just making this thread so this complaint doesn't get lost in Discord tia.
I think this is a perfectly fine thing as is, excluding the beaker mixing while stunned. I say this because as it stands, area flashing is very powerful against borgs and critters and even people due to the mis-step. Flashes are a pretty common thing and most people carry them, so I don't think it's that bad that borgs should have some sort of way to counter that one thing. Not to even mention the cost/time needed to actually get all of that stuff and the fact it requires some active and good miners or some luck with locked crates. Meanwhile flashes take a measly like what... 5 metal? to produce, overall MUCH MUCH cheaper than all of the borg upgrades for not even immunity but stun reset.
I completely agree with Drago on that one.
Borgs very well can mine all the upgrades on their own, and far faster and easier than miners can due to their inherent immunity to radiation. Crates, curiously, don't hold ANYTHING that you can't produce on your own.
And more, no borg should be safe to flashing as well, it is a hard counter to all of their insane buffs - 24/7 jetpack, insane speed, ability to be immune to chemicals (Here is a rather tame example: Harmlube, fluorosulfuric acid, radium, smoke powder.), ability to shut down any chases due to their remote manipulation/bolting abilities, being immune to gases, fire and much more things that make them far superior to fleshy counterparts - flashes provide a much needed counterbalance to such things.