Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Set the default jobs roles for new players to all heads, Sec, AI and Borg as unwant
I have no idea how the job roles code looks like but I imagine it's setup like any other config file so I dont think this should be so hard to do. I also think it's a good idea to do so due to the fact that alot of new players don't know that certain Heads of staff roles are forced depending on preferences and this might not always be great for the new guy who wants to learn robotics but instead rolled Captain.

On top of that, Goon doesn't have any time restrictions for jobs like security. While this is great, I have unfortunately had situations with new players who didnt pick Security but still got picked for it. I think simply adding it to the unwanted list will prevent this sort of thing happening but still allow anyone who wants to give the role a spin to do it at their own leisure.

Edit. I think detective is fine doesn't need to be added simply due to how he isn't "really" Sec, and not everyone expects it from him
100% agree.
Sure. Its not like they are blocked from playing those roles. Its just that they have to figure out how to enable those roles before getting to play them. Seems like a nice tutorial.
Yes, new players should be able to experiment and play around with the game and others roles without having to deal with the problems that come with getting stuck as Captain or Security.
Borgs and security officers should be set to unwanted by default now. I think that spawning as a head can be kinda fun or maybe even a good opportunity for new players, though I am concerned about rev rounds. What do you all think?
I think it should still be all heads, having a captain or HoP with no clue of what they're doing is very irritating, especially if they go around abusing their e-gun/AA powers or it's a round like nukie or rev.
I still think its good to make heads unwanted as well. I think it should be a conscious decision to play heads and avoid things like I already mentioned
I also agree with heads being unwanted by default for the same reasons stated by those above.
I've always liked Captain as being a bumbling idiot that doesn't know whats going on but yeah probably make the heads unwanted too.
Very fair! All heads should be set to unwanted now.