Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lower cost of the Lawgiver's knockout and smoke modes
Title. I've never seen them used, and I feel its mainly because of how expensive they are. Knockout is currently 150PU, or half your capacity, for making drugged up rampages easier to deal with. As for smoke, its 100PU, letting you fire three. I think a better cost for smoke shot would be 50 PU, or 6 shots, and between 75 and 100 PU for knockout, giving you 3-4 shots. This should hopefully make these underused modes more common, by punishing you less for using them.
This may solve issues, but I'd say it also doesn't help that there's already a number of other modes to the point that I forget the rest.

Also maybe dropping HE's cost from 220 to maybe 165-180? For what it does having to wait for the gun to reach full charge is painful most times and makes HE honestly useless compared to pulse/execute.
I was thinking lower HE to 170, but I decided not to mention it, because that's still useful,  even with the long recharge time.
Knockout's cost is literally outrageous for how little it does. It can't even cure a case of berserker on its own reliably. I don't know how many times you'd have to hit, but I suspect it'd have to be majorly changed to have a power cost parity with Pulse at *any* price.
(03-05-2020, 07:59 AM)Leeanei Wrote: Knockout's cost is literally outrageous for how little it does. It can't even cure a case of berserker on its own reliably. I don't know how many times you'd have to hit, but I suspect it'd have to be majorly changed to have a power cost parity with Pulse at *any* price.

In that case maybe throwing in a small amount of Ketamine in each shot could change that? For reference Ketamine is the starting chem in sleepy pens.
I'm personally a fan of panc because your target can still talk during it. 5u of panc is a good 30s of knockout iirc. Regardless of what's picked, knockout definitely needs to use a different chem than haloperidol if it's going to retain it's high cost. Otherwise it needs to be reduced as it's worthless in it's current form.
Yeah these are all good suggestions. I don't use the lawgiver much so I wasn't aware of what could use better balancing.

Regarding the knockout shot, I'm not sure what the best chem to use would be. Halo used to be a lot better iirc and could knock you out after like 20 seconds of being in your system. I suppose that's no longer the case. My ideal use case for it would be something that would slow someone down and only get knocked out if you are hit multiple times. Because giving the HoS a surefire 30 second knockout seems too much even if that is more true to what the gun should do.
Sodium thiopental in small amounts, maybe? Its tough because the lawgiver's knockout function shouldn't be all that good but still needs to be worth using. It might be better off replaced with a function that delivers a slowing effect.
Apparently ketamine does a 6s KO before it starts with the constant 30s stuns, so maybe around 9u of ketamine? Although haloperidol is pretty useful against druggies, you can always just use the tranq rifle.
The dart is supposed to be a situational thing, specifically for dealing with people whom another shot type would be less effective.

Stimmed up people, people with shock resistance
whatever it is, I'd like knockout to require 3 or 4 shots or so to take down the average space person; otherwise it will just blow every other mode out of the water.

Remember, the lawgiver should be as fun to play against as it is to play with.

maybe put it on par with the md tranq gun? that thing seems to be in a good spot right now
Urs, you mean tranq rifles... which is literally what it is now... which carries haloperidol that fucking sucks...

Maybe have the darts inject like 5u ketamine and 10u haloperidol per or something similar to that ratio, so it still fucks with stimmed people and provides a KO effect chance
Its tough because the knockout darts need to compare well to a taser/pulse mode, but can't be an oppressive knockout drug.
(03-10-2020, 01:34 PM)Leeanei Wrote: Its tough because the knockout darts need to compare well to a taser/pulse mode, but can't be an oppressive knockout drug.

well the Lawgiver detain mode straight sucks too soooooo
I think the problem here is less the lawgiver mode itself and more that haloperidol is a shitty chem.