HoS Application - Dante Kynnyrrem for GoonstationRP
Usual character name: Dante Kynnyrrem
BYOND username: FinnKWeismann
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Finn Kynnyrrem#6131
Recommended by (if applicable): Myself
Goon servers you play:
Goonstation RP

Reason for application: 
I mainly play security now. And I think I got a pretty good ghasp of how to act as head of security. Its the same as me- playing a scientist for a while and understanding all the fields quite a bit, how to act, roleplay as a scientist or well enough to rate myself worthy of playng a director and create fun and engaging RP scenarios that would be either beneficial to everyone or to the anags if they get the timing right or brainwash/control me. I do that cause rounds usualy go pretty boring until the antag decides to borderline nuke the ship/release crazy monkeys that attack everyone/a ling stings everyone and silently kills the whole crew if this happens then it becomes annoying/irritating/boring. I want to bring something unique to the HoS. A Character of its own. I am a diehard addict to roleplay and creating a legend of a downfall or a birth of a legend. Antagonists have a better chance to write a downfall or a legend as I said but it can be done with other jobs that can be non antags. Like a janitor that one day *acquired* a katana and an odd curse that makes him go bloodthirsty. Or the same scenario but with a twist of him having a split personality. Now, I am applying for a roleplay server specifically and the way I see it, an antagonist can roleplay as a good guy until the very end if he completes goals he has in-mind this can be flexible to all antags except Changeling cause you are naturally a monster actively seeking more minds to be assimilated into you. Long story short, you can be an antagonist that doesn't kill or do anything bad but you have to make it interesting, compelling. 

Overall my point - To make the round interesting. Have a better roleplay experience.

My HoS Char persona: A NT Unspoken legend that's name has been wiped from history and his face, body, diferent than what it once was. A man so used to combat and action that he has been known amongst NT as hyperadaptive, fast, cunning, rutheless but most importantly loyal to NT.
A man that has no problem being forgotten or wiped from history
A man that thinks serving NT is honorable enough.

Security experience (300 word minimum)
Last time i wrote this I was short and lazy, not this time though.
I belive i can be a prime candidate for the HoS due to my extensive knowhow on security. I think that I should be picked as a HoS member as I would be dedicated to fulfilling my duties in a well down and well timed manner.
My experiances with security overall is simple on the RP server. If you are a security officer you are most likely to sit around patrolling the station until something comes up and your presence is required. This kind of *normal* sec roleplay is a bit boring. I play alot as a detective, solving crimes, keeping an eye on people and tracking them. Detective work is more engaging with the antags due to you having high chances of encountering the antagonist first. Basicaly you are the fist officer to report in to the scene of the crime. I believe I should be given this Head Of Security Whitelist, because I have what it takes and the correct mindset and knowledge to monitor and work on the field as security. I am very experienced in leadership and I am capable of making the right choices that will benefit the crew and keep a sustainable line of defence on the station if relations are kept in the best form possible. I also believe I should receive this whitelist, because I know EXACTLY what one should do from spectating many others and from conducting Security operations myself.

For example:
A Changeling goes wild and starts killing everyone/hurting i would announce about this and inform everyone to meet at mebay. Equip some men to take the ling down (IF there are no sec on except me) send a few men to guard medbay whilst help with making weaponry against the ling such as flamethrowers and stuns. I would begin by having sec defend medbay whilst having fewer operatives patrol Maintenance and the main halls. I would order the sec to ambush and kill all hostiles and that would be it. But i would tell sec to preferably capture it alive and to restrain. Once the hostile is restrained, I would have them transported to the Cells for temporary holding whilst I prepare for their interrogation and give them three options, be implanted with a loyalty chip, turned into a borg, Public execution. Once ready, I will begin interrogating the hostile. If they choose to loyalty implant them, I would have them undergo a mandatory training to have them prove their worthiness and skills. If they portray as weak and hold no skill, I would kill them or send them to a more simple department such as Janitor work with survalance. If they prove useful, I would have them placed on to the Sec team with trust of a slightly better sec keycard. Maybe even a personal guard.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
    Don't be a twat. If the map has shuttles you can use indoors don't go
    "I am going to ram you with full speed until you die, then burn your corpse and ignore all that potential RP i could have opened up to." Overall, don't be a dick, this is an RP server we are looking to have a good story be told to us BY us, give the antagonists some breathing room. And engage RP not jus kill someone and forget about it, borg them maybe even turn them into an AI, perhaps clone them and loyalty implant them. Make it so you councer your enemies while letting them live with the abbilities. Cause some antags get dealt a bad hand or... some antags like the vampire are underpowered as shit and antags like changelings are OVERPOWERED LIKE FUCK.
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
    I was a detective. Detective Dante Finn Kynnyrrem, an alcoholic and a smoker with a secret. Dante is a changeling but he has grander plans than his primitive desire to consume, he, long time ago found out that nurturing a person and getting them to trust you and BAM take them out either by neurotoxin or shooting them in the head. It produces a, better taste. So Dante set on his quest to consume the whole crew goes out to look what he can cause. A report rolls in about him specificaly, he breaks in the bridge and burns the evidance, after that he has a great idea. He will frame one of the crew members as a vampire. So he takes a bible and goes to the HoP and says "There might be a vamp around. Please look out, i know i can trust you i have a strange feeling." after warnin the HoP he sets out to sabotage the MD. To make her look like she is a bloodsucker. Dante in the end negates all suspicion to her and becomes trusted. After a bit he gets his first victim. And shortly after his second one. Then he sets out to space, to the radio station where another rascal was playn music. He locates her and tells her to play him a song. She does and collapses immediatly, another one bites the dust. Dante heads back to the ship and finds a miner, he gets him and another skull for the skull throne. At this point only one crew member is left but he doesn't know that. He heads towards the esape shuttle and finds him, he screams and starts running, Dante chases him down and more blood for the blood god. In the end he makes it out alive until a brave crew member sets him on fire, The member didn't make it and Dante reached central with an army of buttcrabs. It was fun deciveing people with forged evidance.
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
    I don't know really i don't see people play sec too often i would recomend as in the first quesiton to give antags a chance to set the stage for theyr shenanigans.
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
    When a sec team is present someone leads the team or we all do our own things but when you are the only sec, you are a target to alot of people and a valuable ally to most too.
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
    Oh great NanoTrasen! You bring duty! You bring order! You bring justice to the clown in the corner! Save us from this insanity! I think i threw up LSD again! Hahahaha! (Sorry im really bad with this)

• What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
    I always wanted to turn a team of sec into roman legionares callin the capitan they'r emperor and the AI the holy spirit

• Draw a picture!
    yeah sure[Image: somethingwitty.png]
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):
Had a week ban from the Head jobs three months back. Due to a pure misunderstanding in my RP
After reading your application carefully, I got a small feeling that... well, you don't know all the mechanics that well.
For example loyalty implants: If I'm not missing something, they are useless except on Rev rounds.
Yes, you might go along and play as if they have an effect on you, but...? Am I seriously missing something?

Also you speak about giving the antags some breathing room. Reading down further the line, it appears that this means for you to just walk around until something happens. And your only example on how to react when something happens is to arm the crew?

And your HoS persona is Shitty Bill?

For me, this is a no.
(03-02-2020, 11:15 PM)DasBrain Wrote: After reading your application carefully, I got a small feeling that... well, you don't know all the mechanics that well.
For example loyalty implants: If I'm not missing something, they are useless except on Rev rounds.
Yes, you might go along and play as if they have an effect on you, but...? Am I seriously missing something?

Also you speak about giving the antags some breathing room. Reading down further the line, it appears that this means for you to just walk around until something happens. And your only example on how to react when something happens is to arm the crew?

And your HoS persona is Shitty Bill?

For me, this is a no.

My message above didn't so I'm sending a reply here separate,

Yes you are correct with the implants not being used this way but I am applying for a roleplay server specifically, I have no intention of playing the nonroleplay server. If I am specifically told that loyalty impants can't be used this way even in roleplay (as many already have on GoonRP) I won't do it, there are several other ways to deal with traitors other than killing them, I was a vampire one round and then was found out, I didn't get executed I suggested to put me to court for the crimes I didn't commit. In the end I won and got out free, after some time I even started helping the Cap on the agreement that he will send me blood bags.
Overall, the loyalty implant from a gameplay perspective won't work, but from a roleplay perspective they are a tool for roleplay.

No I do not just sit there as security until something happens, it's just that being an officer has it's own cons. As an officer you can do checkups on medbay and science, run weapons check maybe even set personal goals to upgrade the armory or help telesci with theyr adventure zones with capitans approval.
It's the fact that I play as a detective a bit more that the officer due to his role, to investigate crimes committed by the traitors. Go undercover and much more.

Yes I do have to agree with the shitty bill persona. I will work on it a bit further, but no in I have no intention of ruining RP for others, the way I see it, if I am ruining RP for others I am ruining it for myself aswell. In short I would be missing out.
I frequently play the RP server, and being perfectly honest, I've only seen you there for a few rounds, and never prior to your job unban, and its never been a Sec role. Usually as AI, in fact. I also recall an instance where I asked you to unbolt a door and you jumped to assuming that I was accusing you of bolting it in the first place (it was bolted thanks to an electrical storm, and a failed door hack can also bolt doors) and proceeded to never unbolt the door, showing you as being both defensive to a fault and ignorant of basic game mechanics. You are far to green to have an HoS hat in my opinion, and possibly too immature as well. Both of these things can improve with time, but that time is not now.

I vote no on this.
(03-03-2020, 12:52 PM)Ion Mage Wrote: I frequently play the RP server, and being perfectly honest, I've only seen you there for a few rounds, and never prior to your job unban, and its never been a Sec role.  Usually as AI, in fact.  I also recall an instance where I asked you to unbolt a door and you jumped to assuming that I was accusing you of bolting it in the first place (it was bolted thanks to an electrical storm, and a failed door hack can also bolt doors) and proceeded to never unbolt the door, showing you as being both defensive to a fault and ignorant of basic game mechanics.  You are far to green to have an HoS hat in my opinion, and possibly too immature as well.  Both of these things can improve with time, but that time is not now.

I vote no on this.

I do play AI but it's usually when I have it on low priority, (I play it once every two days or so) so it rarely pops up. But when it does I do tend to act friendly up until someone has changed my laws. I have an odd timetable of when I play  I am guessing this is an American server since so many people join when it's just about nighttime for me. I play longer on weekends but I usually tend to play more with Europeans on the server, it's often that I say up a while until I call it a night and hit the bed. My point- I have only can honestly say, I have only seen you once or twice due to the time differences.

I don't know if you are / aren't an American but if you are European ignore the rest.

Yes the scenario sounds more than possible but I highly doubt that I would jump to conclusions on people, it's just not in my nature. I tend to think before I act.
Only times I had bolted doors and left them or exprianced an electrical surge when I was an AI was
1) When a capitan, vampire put an AI law that he is the only human onboard, so I have bolted alot of doors to crucial parts of the ship.
2) When I was in a middle of helping the Capitan and overall multimanaging stuff I was asked to do, bolt this , find person x, heal injured people in medbay with a borg I was given.

But, have you thought that I could never unbolt a single door due to 
1) Capitan always needing my help locating a traitor. (Needing me doing multiple things at a time)
2) The door couldn't be unbolted due to AI control wire being cut or disabled.

I am truly sorry if this did infact happen word for word what you said and you know the full story about the whole situation at a time, them I truly think I an not ready for the HoS job. But I strongly believe otherwise.

As for the defensive and immature part, I have to disagree and agree.
I can be immature, that is correct but I also respect people who role-play and want to do that, not just sit in genetics for the whole round trying to get the best mutations for themselves. And I'm not accusing you of doing that it's just an example I have seen multiple times recently.

As for being defensive - yes I am defensive. I believe in freedom of speech and I think that if my opinion or application or whatever will be judged I would and always and will want to clarify uncertain things and defend my opinion or whatever it is that I wrote with my side of the story. Or a better explanation of my actions at a time. Overall my point - Anybody can always defend theyr opinion.

Excuse me for my bad grmmar sometimes. English isn't my fist language.

Due to bad grammar I fucked up this :

If I am specifically told that loyalty impants can't be used this way even in roleplay (as many already have on GoonRP)
What I meant by As many already have on goonrp I mean that people have done this to me many, many times.
(03-03-2020, 01:57 PM)Kynn Wrote: Yes the scenario sounds more than possible but I highly doubt that I would jump to conclusions on people, it's just not in my nature. I tend to think before I act.
Only times I had bolted doors and left them or exprianced an electrical surge when I was an AI was
1) When a capitan, vampire put an AI law that he is the only human onboard, so I have bolted alot of doors to crucial parts of the ship.
2) When I was in a middle of helping the Capitan and overall multimanaging stuff I was asked to do, bolt this , find person x, heal injured people in medbay with a borg I was given.

But, have you thought that I could never unbolt a single door due to 
1) Capitan always needing my help locating a traitor. (Needing me doing multiple things at a time)
2) The door couldn't be unbolted due to AI control wire being cut or disabled.

I am truly sorry if this did infact happen word for word what you said and you know the full story about the whole situation at a time, them I truly think I an not ready for the HoS job. But I strongly believe otherwise.

I was literally the MD in the medbay and I could not access some medical supplies.  Thankfully, Clarion has its second dispenser in another room which wasn't bolted, but you clearly did respond to me, indicating you read my message.  The response was a clear "I did not bolt that door" followed by the door never getting unbolted.  I remember checking minutes later.  This was not a vampire round, or at least you were not compromised and appeared to be trying to help, I have no doubt of your intentions. 

Electrical surges can bolt doors without them affecting the AI, FYI.  I mention this because of your "experienced a surge while an AI" line.  Did you believe I meant that the doors got bolted because you bolted them after having laws changed somehow?  That was not the case then, nor now.  If so, your entire response leads right into what I said about your unfamiliarity and your defensiveness.
I will look into it, if you can please describe the round cause I really don't recall being an AI and accusing of someone bolting a door like you said.
Could you tell me the AI's name and the round in general also when was it approximately by your time and day.
I want to figure this out and if I can learn from my mistake, but I highly doubt that I went onto accusations straight away and it really doesn't sound like me. But I can always improve if I understand what I did wrong.
I'm trying to get in touch with an admin who is willing to work with me on this.

That being said, I never said you accused anyone.  I said you jumped into full-defensive mode over nothing, and this affected your judgement adversely.  Now you just look like your trying to spin an entirely new narrative on what happened and put words in my mouth.
After some asking around, I had a good chat with Popecrunch on the matter.  We confirmed that you were the AI in the round, and that I had actually asked you to unshock a door, not unbolt it:

[19:07:04] ACCESS: Login: KynnAI 2.0 (AI) (FinnKWeismann) from [ip address redacted]
[19:49:55] SAY: Kameron Mccullough (IonMage) : :h AI UNSsssHOCK THISsss DOOR
[19:50:22] SAY: Kameron Mccullough (IonMage) : ;AI unssssshock thisssss door

However, he also noticed that you were having a lot of login and logout entries, indicating you had terrible connection issues that night.  I was far from the only one frustrated with you.  But that is not your fault, I've spent some years of my life in areas with no good internet connection, I know how things are sometimes.

We also could not find any responses from you to my request.  We've speculated that maybe someone used a voice synthesizer to imitate you or something to that effect, and that your connection issues left you unaware of the situation unfolding.

I am retracting my no vote.  This is not a yes vote, as I still have not seen you play sec much at all, and also I think your misunderstanding what I was describing in this thread shows you have difficulty with reading a situation, which is a very important thing for HoS.  But I will retract the no.
this ain't got nothin to do with nothin, but whoever gave a monkey tourette's and got it drunk, i want to buy you a beer. Just like clockwork, every time my eyes started to glaze over from reading the log, i'd see [20:05:32] SAY: Geoffry Owlington (Monkey) : BALLSH and start cackling like a crazy person.
This application has been denied due to lack of support. You're encouraged to reapply in the future!