Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lift the job restrictions on certain Syndicate items.
Alot of Syndicate items are too niche and underpowered in my opinion. Below are a collection of suggestions and changes with some coming from people from the Discord server that left a suggestions

Pickpocket Gun
Current Jobs : Mechanic, Engineer.
New Jobs : Clown, Staff Assistant, 

Syndicate Donk Pockets
Current Jobs : Chef
New Jobs : All

Moonshine
Current Jobs: Bartender

Amplified Vuvuzela
Current Jobs : Staff Assistant
New Jobs :  Clown

Red Chainsaw
Current Jobs : Botanist

Port-a-Puke
Current Jobs : Janitor

Sonic Grenades
Current Jobs : Scientist

Syndi Cargo Transporter
Current Jobs : QM, Miner, Engineer

Poison Bottle
Current Jobs : Barman, MD, MDir, RD
(Roomba from the Discord suggested having 2 poison bottles with 2 different chem pools. One for everyone and one exclusive to some jobs.)

Syndicate Mailman Suit
Current Jobs : Mailman

Mindslave Cloning Module
Current Jobs : Genticist, MD, MDir
New Jobs: Mechanics
(Suggested by TrustworthyFella)

Let me know what you think, this isn't a definitive list I just wanna see the feedback for this
There are some parts of this list that I do not agree with, mainly

* the RD getting the Safari Kit when they do not have a tranq gun
* the port a puke being available to everyone, I feel that would get old quickly
* the mailman suit may need to have its cost adjusted, not sure what it is at right now?

But I feel like reducing the restrictions on some traitor items is a very good idea in principle!
I kinda disagree about Port-A-Puke being available to everyone, the item is exclusive to janitor because only the janitor will be immune to slipping on vomit, that's the whole point

Also, two more suggestions:

Stimulants should be available to everyone
Teleport gun should be available for both RD and scientist job
Mindslave Cloning Module for Mechanics?

Whoa... I would love to have that....

But I feel this is too strong. Nobody bats an eye if a mechanic scans the cloner. In fact, they should do it every round, as non antag to replace the cloner when it gets bombed.
Also, nobody bats an eye if a mechanic just disappears. No doc is strange.
And lastly, mechanics already has access to the Tech Storage, so getting the board is also easy.
So, for a mechanic, the mindslave cloner module is like the Mindslave Cloner Module - Deluxe Package.

Only problem is now to get the bodies. Mechanic already has access to some teleport stuff, so getting someone off the station is not that hard.
If you now give me (mechanics) the teleport gun, things will go south.

Anyway. I like the idea. Too much.
Raising the cost of mailman suit sounds reasonable. How does 3 TC sound?

I put Porta-A-Puke as all mostly because of how a) it's huge and obvious, b) everyone is likely to mob any and all janitors the moment they see one and c) it costs over 7 TC which is pretty bad for an even badder item.

I'm cautious but open to Stims for all. I'd imagine it would be very fun for any geneticist with SMES human and Hulk

Cloning module is also extremely obvious and expensive, hence the addition. Not to mention medics lack the access to even build their own cloner
I feel like stims for all would be fine, sure, it would enhance rampages, but you can always
* run out the clock on the traitor's supply of stims
* shoot them with mutadone
* shoot them across the entire station with a pulse rifle/lawgiver
* etc...

As for the cloning module, while doctors CAN go to the mech outpost to build one or just buy the more expensive option that comes with a kit to build one, I certainly wouldn't mind giving it to the mechanic too. Seeing a mindslave cloner more often sounds fun, and it keeps murdered people in the round.
How about the syringe gun for the barman?
The teleporter gun could use more access. Only the RD has access to it at the moment. While I know that only the RD and cap have access (correct me if I'm wrong) to the teleporter ring, they're easy enough to build as a mechanic or you can use the one at the diner with little set up. Maybe give it to the mechanic and scientist?

With the amplified vuvuzela, give it to both the clown and the assistant!
I think I actually disagree with all of these except for the vuvuzela and pickpocket gun. I'd rather add more traitor items than make every kind of traitor more alike. Simply buffing the items or making them more cheap is also preferable. I think theming is important and a lot of these expansions feel like they make job themes weaker. I especially don't want to see poison bottles + pen become a more common thing because it turns into the stealth equivalent of csaber rampages. As a chem nerd I may be biased in protecting my chem knowledge but (a) I've never actually gone on a sleepy pen rampage (unless you count turning people into birds as killing them) and (b) I've been on the receiving end and it wouldn't be fun for it to be more common. IMO, anyways.