Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Click Buffer Suggestion
When you're trying to pick up a gun and if you've clicked it multiple times to try and pick it up, it'll switch its intent. It would be nice if you couldn't buffer clicks on the same item or something to avoid this.
Klayboxx Wrote:When you're trying to pick up a gun and if you've clicked it multiple times to try and pick it up, it'll switch its intent. It would be nice if you couldn't buffer clicks on the same item or something to avoid this.
Is intent the word you meant to use?
he means when you double click a weapon or grenade to pick it up it will activate it, in a taser's case this is switching to burst.

this happened to me the other day when as a syndie i double clicked to pick up a sarin gas grenade and it primed it an it fucked up one of my crew ):

also putting flashbangs in trash cans arms them, the hell?
enforcer9 Wrote:
Klayboxx Wrote:When you're trying to pick up a gun and if you've clicked it multiple times to try and pick it up, it'll switch its intent. It would be nice if you couldn't buffer clicks on the same item or something to avoid this.
Is intent the word you meant to use?

Yeah it is, I think of the gun settings as intents
Shoddy Wrote:he means when you double click a weapon or grenade to pick it up it will activate it, in a taser's case this is switching to burst.

this happened to me the other day when as a syndie i double clicked to pick up a sarin gas grenade and it primed it an it fucked up one of my crew ):

also putting flashbangs in trash cans arms them, the hell?
PlumpHelmetPunk just posted the video of that on youtube!

I don't know if the buffer can be made selective depending on the item in question, but if it can, this would be a great change.
Remove click buffer, it makes dragging after clicking someone harder because it won't go through. Click buffer is AWFUL.
What if we just gave the option to turn the click-buffer on/off in the character creation screen?
magicmountain beat you guys to it! You can toggle this in the character preferences now.
Poop frown I like it in some situations but in others it's bad. Oh well.
Klayboxx Wrote:Poop frown I like it in some situations but in others it's bad. Oh well.

I can't even fathom why you're suggesting being able to toggle this is bad.
He'd rather it only work for the situations it's useful, and not work in the situations where it backfires. He wants the best of both worlds, instead of having to choose only one option. He isn't saying it's bad, he's saying he wish it were better.
Captain_Bravo Wrote:He'd rather it only work for the situations it's useful, and not work in the situations where it backfires. He wants the best of both worlds, instead of having to choose only one option. He isn't saying it's bad, he's saying he wish it were better.

BI, THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDZ!