Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
Add a timer to the status screen once the nuke is armed
That way, people who latejoin can know it's nuke in the event that there's no radio chatter.  Also, everyone will always know how close they are to dying.
I'd like this. I mean its not like arming a nuke is stealthy in any way
I don't see many issues, so why not!?
The only way for a late-join not to get the message that the nuke has been armed is when they connect after that announcement.
So, you might include the ORIGINAL nuke location in the status box as well. Or send them a join message.
I disagree with having the timer displayed on the status screen. I don't think it should say anything at all, because that would influence someone on the title screen who is thinking about whether they should join the game or not.
(03-05-2020, 01:32 PM)Podrick Equus Wrote: I disagree with having the timer displayed on the status screen. I don't think it should say anything at all, because that would influence someone on the title screen who is thinking about whether they should join the game or not.

I mean, shouldn't it? If someone doesn't like to play nukie rounds, why trick them into it? I suppose it could make people join as sec instead of cook or something, but I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing.
(03-05-2020, 01:32 PM)Podrick Equus Wrote: I disagree with having the timer displayed on the status screen. I don't think it should say anything at all, because that would influence someone on the title screen who is thinking about whether they should join the game or not.

The status screen doesnt show everything at the title screen. It could be like the tank pressure.
Although I like the having the AI or someone announce via camera, having everyone see it may add an interesting sense of urgency!
Alternatively, have centcomm announcements when the timer reaches a specific time?

e.g "The nuclear bomb will detonate in 8 minutes!" once the timer reaches 8 minutes left
there was a proof of concept that was shown off in admin channels featuring a tf2-style timer that would appear at the top of the game screen:

[Image: 9QtGcYJ.png]

i imagine this would probably work better than a status line
I do still like the idea of having to pay attention to the nuke itself to know how much time is left