Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Feature] Buckling people to operating tables
https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...l?expand=1

We don't want our patients sliding off the table during surgery, right? Or running off to call Security before we can attach their new pizza limbs.

Additionally, this patch removes the "feature" of dropping items onto the surgical table. It was previously possible to click on the table instead of the patient during surgery and place your tool on the table. It was hard to notice what even happened since there was no chat message, and annoyingly, the patients' sprite would hide the tool. You can still place items on the table via throwing if needed.
I don't see the reason for buckling them, when you can just pull them while they're cuffed, but as long as it isn't too abusable, I also don't see a reason not to. Oh and bug fix. I support.
Downside to pulling them while cuffed is if you want to leave the table to grab a different instrument, you have to drag them with you.

You can already buckle-cuff people to beds to perform surgery, so the mechanic is already there; this just expands it to regular surgical tables.
It would be helpful for those people who are unable to control their movements and keep moving off of the table. It's not as common as a dead liver, but it happens often enough to be a real pain in the ass. It makes surgery take like 10x longer. I'm down for surgery table buckling. Or at the very least, the ability for someone to grapple and hold them down while you get the surgery done. That could work, too.
(02-26-2020, 09:13 PM)Kamikaze Mongoose Wrote: It would be helpful for those people who are unable to control their movements and keep moving off of the table. It's not as common as a dead liver, but it happens often enough to be a real pain in the ass. It makes surgery take like 10x longer. I'm down for surgery table buckling. Or at the very least, the ability for someone to grapple and hold them down while you get the surgery done. That could work, too.

Being buckled in could also reduce the risk of slipping for the people performing it
Ive seen instances of people who were suffering from randomized movements thanks to whatever ailment, I would occassionally make use of this. If the frameworks already there, I fail to see why not.