Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
grimoire of gimmick spells
An extra spell slot only for silly gimmick spells.
(02-25-2020, 12:58 PM)Superlagg Wrote: An extra spell slot only for silly gimmick spells.

thats actually kinda the point of this patch, you can sacrifice spell slots to get the spellbook of stupid silly spells (which comes with extra bonus slots for ur troubles) or just spend normal slots on them
The original gimmick spell: Tasha's Uncontrollable Hideous Laughter. Makes everyone *laugh.
Extreme Extremity Exchange - Randomly shuffles around the limbs of everyone within view. Without the staff, it also shuffles around your limbs. You could end up with monkey arms! Or two left feet!
(02-25-2020, 04:57 PM)Adhara In Space Wrote:
(02-25-2020, 12:58 PM)Superlagg Wrote: An extra spell slot only for silly gimmick spells.

thats actually kinda the point of this patch, you can sacrifice spell slots to get the spellbook of stupid silly spells (which comes with extra bonus slots for ur troubles) or just spend normal slots on them

I'd actually prefer for it (or them???) to be a separate, additional spell slot, so as to not encourage "friendly" wizards by taking up one of their murder-y slots.
Realistically I'd say the crew murdering friendly wizards is enough of a deterrent.

Also what about a spell that enables *breathein/*breatheout in a short range, or to a single target.
(02-26-2020, 02:51 PM)Superlagg Wrote:
(02-25-2020, 04:57 PM)Adhara In Space Wrote:

I'd actually prefer for it (or them???) to be a separate, additional spell slot, so as to not encourage "friendly" wizards by taking up one of their murder-y slots.
u can still get these from the nornal wiz spell book, but u get a bulk discount of 3 hsrmful spells for 5 gimmicky spells

and realistically what this would do is try to make friendly wiz less of a gross detriment to the game by giving wizards an optiom if they didnt wanna just straight murder everyone, so they could be more of a chaotic but less hostile presence. i think everyones biggest problems with friendly wiz is its a bit like a friendly nukie. theres literally no reason for them to be friendly, it just doesnt make sense, and the game discourages it mechanically

but if someone wants to go friendly wiz, which means they just wont attack you until they get bored of being friendly, they could take stuff that still impacts the round as a wizard without totally throwing away the wiz slot, if that makes sense? idk im rambling and tired

tl;dr; make friendly wiz less unpopular by creating a mechanically supported chaotic neutral wiz you can CHOOSE to be instead of a mechanically supported chaotic evil wiz
While I personally like the idea of a friendly Wizard, I think there needs to be a larger degree of separation, like a wizard ambassador or a hidden secret that gives you spells. Hell just let geneticists manufacture personalized nerd capes and you're good
(02-24-2020, 12:32 PM)MechaDaleEarnhardt Wrote: A spell that spawns and flings out a torrent of several drinking glasses around the wizard filled with shit like Sewage, Ants and Spiders.

how about i make the booze fountain spell do that?
(02-29-2020, 11:43 AM)Adhara In Space Wrote:
(02-24-2020, 12:32 PM)MechaDaleEarnhardt Wrote: A spell that spawns and flings out a torrent of several drinking glasses around the wizard filled with shit like Sewage, Ants and Spiders.

how about i make the booze fountain spell do that?

Spider golems here we come!