Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Townhall meeting this weekend!
(02-29-2020, 12:36 PM)phyvo Wrote: Question: What if I leave a question here but can't be present for the town hall, or if I ask questions which I'd be happy to get answered at a later date?

We can answer your questions at the town hall and give you a transcript (and then discuss them further if you wish)!
Good afternoon, it would seem that a lot has happened in my absence in the past few months. I have a question to ask and it's not one I ever though I would have to ask. Who do I speak with in regards to having my mentor status globally revoked?  With everything that's been going on lately it seems like the perfect time to ask this very thing. I just cant be a part of this community anymore, far too much has occurred. And it is clear to me now that it is best to just say farewell, and part ways with Goonstation.

Best regards to all,

Vunterslaush.
I have the same request as vunterslaush. I’ve been thinking of leaving for a few years now as I’ve slowly come to terms this place is simply not the same community I fell in love with 10 years ago. Lot of old players I liked to play with left and this last year a handful of admins have been nothing but hostile towards me to the point I don’t even go to the discord anymore and the ones I liked just jumped ship. So I no longer see a point in staying. Good luck to the rest of you.
Yo so when is the next townhall gonna be? I think this one went pretty well.

Edit: Though, seriously, it's easy to see how tempers were high and point out bad things that happened during the townhall, it's hard to say they were a "result" of townhall. Ultimately this is all stuff that was below the surface, stuff that's been there for a while, all topped off with a rather controversial recent occurrence. It was inevitably that things would be a bit messy, but I think it's reasonable to believe that future instances of townhall will be much cleaner, with more even tempers. I think it'd be great for the staff to line up another one when they feel like they've gotten things figured and wanna present their ideas on how to move forward to the community, or maybe even present some questions of their own to the community to be answered. I really liked the townhall format though, it felt like a lot more was said than if it had just been a forum.
(03-02-2020, 03:59 PM)DyssalC Wrote: Yo so when is the next townhall gonna be? I think this one went pretty well.

This was actually already answered during it! In short, we'd like to do them more but definitely time-limited. I never want to have to do it for 10 hours again.