Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Uses for headset wires!
So, apparently, headsets have 4 wires inside them you can mess with! But they've got no use, apart from one that disables it. So I've got some ideas for what they could do:
  • Randomise/completely remove your job icon, depending on whether you pulse or cut it
  • Make pulsing the wire that disables it have it randomly stop working.
  • Distort what you say, making you appear as unknown,  but also making what you said harder to understand 
  • Change what frequencies it can hear, doesn't have to be an actual used frequency,  just a random new one.
  • Maybe some booby trap things? I dunno, I'm running out of ideas.
Im surprised they do nothing if they are there. Kinda like the power junctions in Manta
How about a wire that when cut makes it attachable to other wired objects? For instance attach it to a signaller and have a sound activated trigger for a construction, or a bomb you can speak from to taunt the person defusing it
(02-23-2020, 02:16 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: Im surprised they do nothing if they are there. Kinda like the power junctions in Manta

I'm surprised they exist, period.
I like the idea of being able to mess with your headset to hide your identity. I often want to be able to taunt the crew as a traitor, but I can't do that without either buying a voice changer or revealing my true identity.

Being able to access normally unused frequencies sounds fun and useful too.