Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Make pod beacons indestructible
Or at least make them indestructible to saw drones.  It's kind of a bummer to have every single debris beacon get chewed up by drones.

edit: or make them craftable/scannable, that'd also work.
Do the saw drones automatically attack the beacons or are people just getting chased near the beacons and they are caught in the crossfire?
I have no idea, honestly. I've seen beacons disappear with only the pod I took being missing from the station, so I think sometimes they just wander over but part of it is definitely people getting chased.
I feel like being able to destroy the beacons is an interesting player option I wouldn't want to take away. maybe meet half way and have drones ignore them?

personally, I've never had this issue.
From my own observations - if anyone has evidence to the contrary, don't hesitate to contradict me - drones don't so much target beacons, but rather, when the drones wander around in an area near a beacon, bumping into the beacon incidentally destroys the beacon. Rather than make drones ignore them, you'd need to make drones unable to destroy them.

I've had the issue several times, particularly with the faint signal beacon and sometimes with the mining outpost beacon.
Yeah, making drones not destroy beacons sounds good