Poll: Do you like pathology?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes.
25.00%
3 25.00%
Absolutely!
16.67%
2 16.67%
Why is the max number of poll options 69?
58.33%
7 58.33%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pathology changes, fixes and additions
Rainbow 
EDIT: Oh fuck I forgot to link the pr https://github.com/goonstation/goonstation-2020/pull/24

Adds two new Pathology Symptoms:
  • Necrotic Resurrection(T5): Resurrects you when you die with it at Stage 5, though your body will start rotting and you will still be heavily damaged. The pathogen will also begin curing itself after resurrecting you once and make you immune to future infections from it, so you can't use it more than once.
    (I would also like to take this opportunity to remind people that formaldehyde will reverse your rotting, if you want to get scanned after already dying once, you scaredy-cat.)
  • Necrotic Detonation(T5): Does nothing until you die. Then you explode. (The numbers might need some fiddling, depending on feedback from people ingame, but I think I made it fair enough.)
Fixes:
  • Fixed the irradiation module literally never working
  • Fixed a pathogen never being able to advance through stages again if it was suppressed once (even after the suppression ends)
Changes:
  • Added GUI elements to the DNA Analyzer in the Pathogen Manipulator that make it so you can see if a stable symptom you are analyzing is good or bad and how many good or bad followers a transient symptom has. This should make it easier for people to find good symptoms, if they wish to (and of course, the inverse as well).
  • Added a free syringe and educational pamphlet to the CDC crates, describing how to send a pathogen sample back.
Internal Changes:
  • Added an ondeath event for symptoms that triggers when the afflicted dies
  • Added a disease_act_dead proc for symptoms, it works practically identically to the existing disease_act proc, except this one is only called on afflicted that are dead, rather than those that are alive.
  • Moved the Infection-Type constants from pathogen_symptoms.dm to a separate file _pathogen_constants.dm, so they can now be used in pathogen_benevolent.dm as well.
This is my first PR, and my first time coding Byond, so I hope I did not make any egregious errors. If there are questions or balance concerns, feel free to message me on discord. (✿◕‿◕)

Also, picture of new GUI elements, please don't make fun of my skill in drawing red arrows:
[Image: aMBj2nT.png]
merged