Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wiki Editors: STOP POSTING HOW TO BE SHIT GUIDES
Stop this nonsense now.
Please link an example so I can see what you're talking about.
I'm pretty sure he's talking about the How to be Robust guide that someone put up that was literally just an explanation of how some of the more obtuse fighting mechanics and a mention of a couple of useful things you can easily acquire that he and Frontline Acrobat(in 1945 the bullet that Hitler fired into his own brain split it in two, thus splitting his soul so that when Hitler reincarnated he did so in two separate bodies, today known as FrontlineAcrobat and Katznelson) immediately threw a shitfit about despite the fact that it was honestly pretty innocuous and didn't encourage any actual badness.
We had one monthes ago about wrecking things as an assistant, that got deleted. Don also made a page recently called 'Guide to being robust' and some people complained. I personally didn't have any problems with it and Don was nice about the whole thing and deleted it. (And what Dauntasa said, it was just good advice on fighting in lag and so on.) So all the pages are gone.

And of course none of the pages should encourage breaking the rules.
Dauntasa Wrote:Frontline Acrobat(in 1945 the bullet that Hitler fired into his own brain split it in two, thus splitting his soul so that when Hitler reincarnated he did so in two separate bodies, today known as FrontlineAcrobat and Katznelson) .

butt
Don was very nice about it and I replied in kind on why it was a bad idea. I never do deletions or be a jerk and try to have revert war over it. This stems from the previous time someone placed a guide on combat tips which got out of hand quickly.

The general notion is hint at potential shittery via a comical way while stressing the full fact of being helpful.
Sorry about that. I didn't think ahead and saw it as a survival guide. frown That's why it only covered stuff you'll regularly see others do instead of makeshift weapons and traps.
What is the big stink about? What is the article in question that has people in angry tears over? If people want to share common sense tips about survival on the station then let them unless I'm missing something.
It was a pretty decent guide to how fighting works in the game, using the environment, and a few tricks (tables, disposals).

All things that would be good to make available to new guys. Since it also takes a lot of experience and quick thinking to use them effectively. Othewise everyone who had been around for a couple of years would be an unstoppable tornado.

Stop being the unfun patrol, dudes. And someone please restore that page.
I already plan on doing this myself by the end of the weekend unless someone can explain why it's as bad as the OP is making it out to be.
I never saw anyone kick up a stink about this guide: http://autisticpowers.info/ss13/wiki/Murder
I did not like the guide because I thought some the information about little known tricks is something for people to discover themselves. Of course those features may be something that people actually should know but since there are no guides to them they learn it on their own and they become 'hidden features' because of it.

I have no clue why this was even posted on the general discussion forum, the author of the page was fine and asked for input as soon as he posted the guide so I told him my opinion. I guess Katznelson should chill the fuck out?
Hey, Wiki Moderator here,
since when was the community too stupid to understand a simple "Hey if you use this information to grief, get fucked" disclaimer at the top of the page?
the article itself is well written, and doesn't in any way encourage shit behavior, assuming Don is fine with it, and noone comes with a real good argument as to why i shouldn't, i'm reverting the wipe, so people can learn (some pretty fucking basic) combat techniques.

Also lets try not to evolve this further into a revert war, or any other situation for that matter, thanks!
I'm okay with it either way.
I don't see why people who know little tricks with the ROBUST system shouldn't share the information. The only reason you'd say it's a 'How to be shit' guide is because you're mad your ~sekrets~ are out. Most things people think should think secret are fucking stupid. I could post a thing or two about it I'm sure aren't well known to help out.