Elchorico's mentor application
Usual character name: Florence Ambrose/Scarlett Devatti
BYOND username: Elchorico
Discord username: Oscar™#0001
Recommended by: Drago156, TrustworthyFella
Goon servers you play: Goon 2

Reason for application + game experience:
Let start with the first one, because that is more interesting anyways. I am applying because i want to share my knowledge further. It is a genuinely great feeling to help somebody learn what they didn't know, and are eager to learn l. Becoming a mentor would mean a lot to me, and i am fully prepared to take on the responsibilities and the trust factor it puts upon me. I am also applying because i dont seen a lot of mentors on when i am on, and would like to fill that gap. I have been told to try again by some people on the discord, and many others believe that i have changed for the better. I deeply regret my previous notes, and looking forward to being a good noodle. I have applied once already, but it has been denied, and justificably. But now i am applying again. 

Now the latter. Let me put this as a nice story. I have found out about this game from youtube. Though i was not a part of the initial influx, i was still here. The first time i played i got confused and bored, and left. Now i know how much i would of have regret leaving forever. After returning, i slowly started picking things up, and it only got faster after that. I always looked up to the people who know how to do surgery, start the engine and what else, not knowing how trivial it is. Now, i see myself helping others sometimes. For an example, confused first timer staffies, people not knowing what to do because they came here from TG, etc. After i picked up the basics, i started maining HoP, because i had AA and could experiment and learn. Shameful, i know. Now, you can mostly find me in medbay or research, mass producing chemicals, or blowing things up. I have slowly learned everything. From surgery, to alloys in mining. Before hacking airlocks was a miracle to me, now i want to break my head agaisnt the table when Staffie Mcstaffington hacks my door for the 10th time :p. Anyways, i fully believe that i have everything i need to become a good mentor, and accept the risks it could create, such as making the game less fun. 

Previous bans: One. Issued because i left the game before an admin talked to me, and was instructed to discuss in the forums.
I've had a chance to see Scarlett frequently and have seen generally good interactions with other players. I find you fun and willing to help other players. I think youd be a good fit! +1
I know I'm a recc, so its obvious what I think.  But anyway, yes, definitely. They know their stuff, and have improved a lot since their last application. Fun player, and I'd trust them not to meta game. We need more purps anyway.
+1
From their last application to now I have seen both Scarlett and Florence, and can say they have improved and become a friendly person insistant to help people. An attitude to help and having shown improvement in behaviour is a clear sign of respect for the server and community and I think they would be a good mentor.

+1
Scarlett is a good player and I've never had an issue with them!
Elcho is very friendly and enthusiastic presence in the community. My thoughts have changed since their last application, and I now believe they would make a very nice mentor.
Oscar has matured a great deal and I believe he would be a good fit for being a mentor. +1.
Nice security person, no problems in regards to social values. +1
I don’t know Oscar well in game but they are always a friendly participant in discord
I've witnessed them mentioning some objectionable topics, so I'm tentatively giving this a "No" in the meanwhile because I've witnessed them bringing up a number of very uncomfortable topics that wouldn't be allowed on the station. If their behavior changes, I would be delighted to reconsider.
(03-08-2020, 02:24 PM)sartorius Wrote: I've witnessed them mentioning some objectionable topics, so I'm tentatively giving this a "No" in the meanwhile because I've witnessed them bringing up a number of very uncomfortable topics that wouldn't be allowed on the station. If their behavior changes, I would be delighted to reconsider.

Is this ingame or just in the discord? I've only ever seen them bring up these "very uncomfortable topics that wouldn't be allowed on the station" in the discord; if that is not so, contradict me; otherwise, if they keep appropriate for the given setting, I don't see why this should be a "no."
If I could edit my previous post, I would say that Oscar is a reasonable person and when I mentioned my concerns to about the comments I read on discord, they acted appropriately and were respectful enough to drop the topic when asked. I take it all back. Oscar would make a good mentor.
Most of not all of my interactions with Oscar have been positive. Any "uncomfortable topics" they discussed were likely only subjectively uncomfortable, as I couldn't think of any rules on the list they explicitly broke. Over all a good dude