Carbadox Mentor Application
Usual character name: Emily Watson /Grzegorz Brzeczeszczyk / Arthur Conway / James Broadley
BYOND username: Carbadox
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Carbadox
Recommended by (if applicable):
Goon servers you play: Both of them.

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum):

According to my medals page, I first joined Goonstation on August 2018. On my first rounds playing. I didn't really understand what was going on a lot of the time, but either way I was sucked in by the bizzare situations and indepth mechanics that filled the game. Even though I stopped playing for a while due to not really understanding the purpose of playing, I soon came back around and started studying the wiki to better understand whatever I could. Since then I've become enthralled by the game and have exhausted all of the wiki pages I could find.

While originally I started playing as a janitor to help slowly understand the game more (if you want to count watching men in a horse masks jump off from diving boards into glass tables as a learning expierence), I started to move over to other jobs and learned various skills such as basic chemistry, doctoring, an above average amount of engineering skills, money making as QM, robotics, mining and eventually even Security. I try my best to make use of these skills in a way thats fair to everyone and avoiding to cause any trouble with departments for no reason EG wordlessly breaking and entering to steal items or equipment and the sorts.

Ultimately the reasons why I have decided to apply are that for a first, there are people who play in the same timezone and times that I do and it's often that time where the population is at its lowest and lacking in admin and mentor precense. With my application, I hope to fill out that gap and be available to help people out.

Secondly, I believe that I have the abiility to pass over information in a fair way that doesn't cross the line of spoon feeding but also isn't just vague and general information that does nothing. While I'm not as Chemistry savvy as others, I believe I have enough experince in Engineering to bring something new in terms of worth while ideas and information.

Thirdly I want to offer whatever I can to make the game more fun for others. I've had alot of fun moments playing and I hope that I've been able to help others enjoy the game as well.

Thanks for reading.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):
Of your character names, Emily Watson is the one I recognize most easily. I also recognize your Ckey from OOC, the forums and Discord I think. From what I recall from interacting with Emily in game you have a good attitude to things. On Discord and OOC Ive noticed that you communicate well and seem to have a good understanding of the mentor role. +1 from me!
yes +1 smile
I too, mainly recognise Emily Watson, but I've chatted with you a bunch on discord and in OOC, and you know your shit, though people don't necessarily know you. You'd be a good mentor regardless.
+1
Carbadox is good and I enjoy interacting with them.
Sorry I've been so late to this Carbadox after your PM's asking me to take a look, but I didn't know who you were until I read the thread. I'm geniuinely surprised Emily Watson/Grzegorz Brzeczeszczyk isn't a mentor yet, as they're a consistent joy to interact with and definitely know their way around the station. I'd be delighted to have them as a member of the mentor team. I can't think of anything negative to say, and plenty of positive things to say about this. Without a doubt, they'd be a great addition. I think I'm repeating myself in my old age, so I'll just give this application of a vote of approval.
Well, I know carbadox from discord only, but he seems knowledgeable and a nice guy. Good enough for me. +1