Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Traitor item idea - AI interference tools
There was some talk on discord about tools to use against the AI. One thing mentioned was potentially a camera loop tool that would hide what was going on in an area. Someone may post about that and go into more detail, but it got me thinking about other AI interference tools.

Some scifi tropes involve AIs using virtual interfaces and representations to manipulate their digital/physical environment. What about a tool like a disk, that when used in a DWAINE terminal thats connected to the AI mainframe (a sadly underused option to communicate with the AI semi-anonymously) that could deliver a data packet that could interfere with the AI. This wouldnt show in the AI laws, but maybe another diagnostic approach could reveal it? Or an ominous message when observing the AI upload computer 

- "It seems like some kind of process is taking an inordinate amount of CPU cycles." as an example. 

Some ideas could include -

A VR environment/representation that the AI is forced into that it must navigate to escape. Essentially a prison with interactive obstacles to escape to disable the AI for a period of time.

A malicious virus that would scramble the AIs ability to recognize names/faces. It could force the AI to have the same sort of vision a ghost drone has, or mix up what tracking target you go to when you click a name. This may or may not be limited to a set amount of time. 

Hijacking the AI systems - maybe a multi-piece tool that hijacks the AI control over doors etc. You upload to the AI then once its there you can, with an obvious tool in your hand, click things you can see within range that you can manipulate to frame the AI for things.

Any other ideas come to mind? Discussion on the approaches described here?
I think you could adjust a camera-viewing mobs vision with SEE_MOBS to achieve some of the effect by not seeing any mobs. A camera loop would be extremely difficult imo.
(02-19-2020, 10:11 AM)ZeWaka Wrote: I think you could adjust a camera-viewing mobs vision with SEE_MOBS to achieve some of the effect by not seeing any mobs. A camera loop would be extremely difficult imo.

Or by displaying the viewport of a specific camera the way the map looks at round start (just without mobs) - the default map state displayed through a camera. Would be not so obvious in the beginning but once the station breaks down that shit will be hard to overlook.

Another neat way of hindering the AI could be to delay AI response time - sort of giving every action (communicating with the crew - opening and closing doors and so forth) a noticeable input delay. The AI could play a round of that Tetris Arcade game to sniff out from which that delay originiates...since I imagine it being a Traitor item that can just be installed onto wiring and hidden beneath floortiles. The AI would have to either fix it with a shell or order the borgs around to get rid of that AI-Lagswitch.