Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Buff Maneater and integrate with Kudzu
At the moment man eaters are not used to often, and when they are used having two crew members working together can overcome it almost every time due to clunky combat AI (with one dragging the other when knocked down) rendering it relatively useless except as a light distraction at best. 

My idea is to lend it synergy when working with kudzu. What if when grown it had either bonus movement speed, more effective AI or additional abilities when on kudzu tiles? Additionally, kudzumen could perhaps set its behaviour, making their continued survival important to keep it controlled.

Any thoughts? Maybe theres a different way of improving man eaters? I just like the idea of having a consistent theme or strategy that can synergize with other available tools.
I'd just let them reproduce, like every corspse consumed lets them grow a new off spring that grows into a normal man eat, a la Ice spiders
I think kudzu synergy makes sense, as Kudzu already helps mitigate the weakness of Maneaters, since it limits your visibility and speed.

Letting them move through it freely would be a good step
Them eating people would need to be removed so that they don't prevent corpses being turned into kudzu people which doesn't really make them "Maneaters" at that point any longer.
(02-20-2020, 04:24 PM)BLooDHoG Wrote: Them eating people would need to be removed so that they don't prevent corpses being turned into kudzu people which doesn't really make them "Maneaters" at that point any longer.

They could eat the people then pop out a kudzuperson mindslaved to whoever planted it. And they could both move through the kudzu unhindered!
(02-20-2020, 08:52 PM)Superlagg Wrote:
(02-20-2020, 04:24 PM)BLooDHoG Wrote: Them eating people would need to be removed so that they don't prevent corpses being turned into kudzu people which doesn't really make them "Maneaters" at that point any longer.

They could eat the people then pop out a kudzuperson mindslaved to whoever planted it. And they could both move through the kudzu unhindered!

To still keep the normal Maneaters around - it would make sense that a Maneater converts to a Kudzu-Maneater when having walked on it once.