Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Uses for Ice
I was thinking about bartending and some ideas came to mind

While the Bar sometimes has a cooler/heater for temp changes, a more practical and thematic option could be an ice dispenser.

Use a bucket to gather ice cubes in, or use a cup/beaker to directly add ice to it. Ice cools a drink before melting into water.

Ice could also be used to create sno-cones. Use a knife to make shaved ice, use a cone on it, then pour a chem for flavor.

Additionally, medbay could use ice to create wearable iceĀ packs for treating bruises (minor brute) or to treat fevers (temp based pathology)
I want to make cubes of all chems
I want to make cubes of all alloys
I want to make cubes of all bombs
I want to make cubes of all cubes.
I want to make cubes of all gimmicks
cubes
More cube thoughts

Limb and organ rot occuring once removed from the body that prevents it from being used if too much time passes.

Putting them on ice prevents this.

Ice as an overlay/status effect. As things get cold ice can form on them. For food this could have a modifier like "Frozen" or "Chilled" with optimal serving temps. For environmental objects, Doors can frost over and need clearing with a welder, or to be chipped at with hand tools. Ice crystals that form and melt on Pods that make trips too and from space, leaving trails that can be followed.
(02-21-2020, 09:36 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: More cube thoughts

Limb and organ rot occuring once removed from the body that prevents it from being used if too much time passes.

Putting them on ice prevents this.

Ice as an overlay/status effect. As things get cold ice can form on them. For food this could have a modifier like "Frozen" or "Chilled" with optimal serving temps. For environmental objects, Doors can frost over and need clearing with a welder, or to be chipped at with hand tools. Ice crystals that form and melt on Pods that make trips too and from space, leaving trails that can be followed.

This is really
COOL
A sabotaged space cooler getting cold enough should spread that ice formation