Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Feature]Flesh Restructuring + Minor Beneficial Pathogen Changes
Oh jeez oh gosh I'm not good with computers *scream

I made a patch that adjusts a few numbers for current beneficial symptoms and adds a totally new symptom called Flesh Restructuring. It is basically a stronger brute+burn healing symptom styled after Synthflesh.

https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...9bd6f60071

And before you ask, yes, you can still easily beat someone to death when they have this symptom.

And uh, sorry, I'm not good with github and accidentally uploaded two files, one of which doesn't actually contain the new symptom in it.

Wound mending:
changed from Uncommon to Common (T3 -> T2)
changed area healed from Chest to All (previously would not heal wounds to head/arms/legs)

Burn healing:
changed from Uncommon to Common (T3 -> T2)
changed area healed from Chest to All (previously would not heal wounds to head/arms/legs)

Metabolisis:
hint added: "The pathogen appears to be rapidly breaking down certain materials around it."

Cleansing:
changed from Rare to Uncommon (T4 -> T3)
hint added: "The pathogen seems to be much cleaner than normal."

Added Flesh Restructing (T4)
it basically mimics the effects of Synthflesh
roughly 2.5 times as strong as both Wound Mending and Burn Healing combined
you can still EASILY murder people infected with this symptom.
hint: "The pathogen appears to have the ability to bond with organic tissue to an unprecedented degree."
I'm all for adding new pathogen symptoms, especially beneficial ones! I long to one day live in a world where pathology is a beloved and useful part of the station, rather than a mysterious shadowy realm where horrible diseases come from! (Ok, maybe it will still be that second thing too.)

Also, it's probably good to have the weaker healing symptoms as t2s, seeing as most of the t2s don't really DO anything. I think this adds a nice spread between some weaker, specialized healing at tier 2 and a stronger, more versatile version at tier 4.

The changes to the hints of tox healing and cleansing are very welcome, because having no way to tell those two apart was just stupid. I must say that I do not agree with changing the hint for Oxygen Conversion and Burn Healing, the reaction to synthflesh is more than sufficient to distinguish it from Oxygen Production and Brute Healing, respectively.

Also, in the future, maybe describe the changes that your patch makes a little more closely in your forum post. :^)

All in all, a very nice patch and I would be happy to see it implemented!
Merged.