Thread Rating:
  • 19 Vote(s) - 1.63 Average
Bring back poo (serious)
Yeeeaaaaaaahhhhh uh, can we not re-implement that? I don't think anyone has fun being on the bad end of a forced shit eating, and I doubt I'd have fun being on the good end of one.

There's only one story involving poo I heard that was funny, and it wasn't even the main focus.
I don't care either way but since poo has already been gone for such a long time that most players never even played with poo even on station when they started I don't see a need to add it back except as some holy object that can never be gotten within normal means.
The new poo is force-feeding people their own organs.

I've done that multiple times by accident as a doctor.
(02-17-2020, 09:40 AM)Podrick Equus Wrote: Imagine that you're trying to convince someone to play Space Station 13. They're on the fence about it. You tell them all the cool features and stories that this game lets them experience. They get more interested. You tell them about the dedicated fart button and the very common user of it, and they get a bit apprehensive, then nod in understanding when you explain that it's been a sort of running joke for years and nobody really takes it seriously.

Then you tell them that you can fling poo at one another, stain everything brown, that it's a very potent weapon, and that you force other people to eat it against their will, etc.

Which do you think is the more likely response from this Normal Person who is somewhat interested in the game?

1. "Heck yeah, I've always wanted to try Scat Station 13!"

2. "Uh, no thanks."

If any sane person who has never played this game before would choose option 1, they are probably the sort of individual who wouldn't be good or productive for this community.

actually that’s hilarious and people would play just because of how funny it is
(02-17-2020, 08:04 AM)pali6 Wrote: no
no thank you
Hard no on this. I've also heard the horror stories about poo and even seen some of the old videos when it was around, bad enough we have real chemical flooding, we don't need the entirety of the station constantly being covered in shit.

As good of a joke the bring back poo thing is, it was an abomination that should never return.
Here is what PopeCrunch had to say about this, when asked by Tex:

So, no, I'm against it too. I don't want to see that kind of thing on the server.
buff piss
if poo is gone then explain this
https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...c.dm#L3043
checkmate
(02-17-2020, 04:18 PM)DasBrain Wrote: Here is what PopeCrunch had to say about this, when asked by Tex:

So, no, I'm against it too. I don't want to see that kind of thing on the server.
Starts at 27:05 in case the timestamp doesn't work for anyone else. (✿◕‿◕)
I think there's only one word for this:
no
As much as I'd like to relive the nostalgia of the hell that was poo donut, I am reminded of how fucking awful the hell that was poo donut really was. Maybe as a round toggle for assday, but never default on.

Though, this brings to mind a new idea for a staff assistant special traitor weapon, a poo launcher. Eat food to fuel your rampage, similar damage to the bling gun and perhaps a chance of blinding?
As was mentioned earlier, compost is in the game and it takes little imagination to appreciate the similarities.
(02-18-2020, 05:20 AM)Recusor Wrote: As was mentioned earlier, compost is in the game and it takes little imagination to appreciate the similarities.

Does compost feature the same attributes poo had?