Xaviens's Mentor Application
Usual character name: Human: Xaviens Mizin, Borg: Mr. Blip, AI: PAL
BYOND username: Xaviens
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Xaviens#6785
Recommended by (if applicable): N/A
Goon servers you play: #2

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum):

I've played on Goon since August of 2015 according to my Fish medal. I did take a long hiatus here or there, as other games, and life, have occupied my attention, but something always brings me back. I've even brought a friend or two with me over the years.

My time in SS13 started out as I think most do, consulting the wiki heavily at pretty much every turn, spending more time in my browser than in BYOND. Over time I've been through every system I can find, trying to learn everything there is to learn. My search has led me from simplistic things like building pipe bombs, through the arcane mire that is chems, through the asteroids and and the derelicts, into the depths of hellburns, all the way to such intricacies as packets, and the (Frankly still a bit confusing sometimes) deep magic that is telescience, to the depths of the Ice Moon, and even a brief stint as a Solarium nerd.

As far as experience goes, I can get superuser access in DWAINE in moments, "acquire" effectively anything, and get in anywhere with just a PDA, am an accomplished physician and surgeon, I can build you a fortress if properly supplied, I've built teleport networks, deathtraps, and cracked enough artifacts to supply a museum. I can cook pretty much anything you'd ever want to eat, and a bunch of stuff you wouldn't, and dose it with enough chems to kill or heal an army. I regularly raise the dead, warp their DNA to suit my whims, and have been known to swap my own organs out on the fly when necessary. Occasionally successfully! I've visited (and solved) almost every Telesci location I know of, I've even successfully nuked the station a few times, and had one glorious chaos dunk. The two sciences I never really got into were Pathology, though I know enough to find a cure for things occasionally, and Botany's splicing aspect, where I really couldn't even tell you how to get started.

When I'm playing, I can most often be found playing as AI or Cyborg, where I feel the inherent limitations make for a much greater feeling of accomplishment for even the simplest of things. I am also frequently a Doctor, a Scientist, or a Miner, though I do end up all over the place, sometimes literally.

I share what I know where, and when, I can, trying as best I can to avoid outright handholding, or spoiling secrets, but I feel like I could be of more help, if I was available whenever someone had a question, rather than just when I'm nearby. It's hard to teach someone if you can get easily cut off by a signal jammer, or solar flare, or god forbid a changeling out of nowhere. It's harder when you ARE said changeling. "You shouldn't have done that, THIS would have been much more effective!" sounds a great deal more condescending from the person who just killed you.

I've been spending a good deal of time lately showing people how to do things, or explaining mechanics, and have enjoyed it thoroughly, so I figured, "Why not? Try applying." and here we are.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):
  I don't remember being banned, but I've been around a long time, and I do have the badge for it.
I see Xaviens a lot and they seem pretty knowledgeable about the game.

Give purp.
This application has been denied due to lack of support. You're encouraged to reapply in the future!