Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let black powder open lockers
I just blew both off my arms and a bunch of other stuff up in a large black powder explosion - the lockers were untouched. Please make it so it's possible to open lockers other than an emag or if you're VERY lucky and they survive a bomb blast*

Black powder would do this.

*I've tried this on zeta several times with the RD bomb and I died every time, the lockers were either vaporised or remained frustratingly shut
Yeah lets make black powder even better.

But really if it were made worse but got this property that'd be really neato
At the moment the only things that seem to break lockers open are handmade pipe bombs. I did some tests with a big unnamed nerdo and some crank; below the locker, vaporised, beside the locker, no effect

we even tested it in my hand while I was standing in the same spot as the locked locker, rip my right arm
It'd be neat to spread black powder over a lockers lock and then ignite it to blow the locker open.
I like this idea.
Black powder scales up by volume involved. If you want to blow open a locker, use more black powder in a single container.
Cogwerks Wrote:Black powder scales up by volume involved. If you want to blow open a locker, use more black powder in a single container.

What about when splashing onto something? Does it calculate that or is it best just to create the reaction inside the container?
Well I just tested exploding 120 units of black powder in a watering can, it destroyed 3 tiles horizontally and took out about two windows. Disappointing considering it's about 10 minutes of Ugh, that button...
It can still be adjusted, figured it'd be better to leave it a little low at first to see how people use it.
I managed to break into a locker using a monkey and Chlorine Azide. If you can't do it with black powder you're doing something wrong.
Explosions have a chance of opening lockers and/or destroying some/all of the contents. Any explosion method won't be guaranteed to work.