Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ghostdrones should get the construction worker tools
The RCD deluxe and the one that lets you change the appearance of floors and walls.  I feel like it will allow them more creativity in building things, more precision in fixing doors, and give the crew the ability to do something if a construction worker decides to make everything completely hideous.  Right now the crew has to mug the construction worker.

Also I want to be able to exactly duplicate Cog1's escape only moved three tiles inward on Ass Day without having to do part of it as a construction worker.
I was thinking of a similar thing, like adding a construction worker crate to cargo though perhaps with a more nerfed number of RCD charges or a high price point to keep things balanced.
Yeah - there should be a way to style up floors if there is no construction worker - or if the one having one is not using it. Too often I would have liked the bar to be renovated but sadly - no construction worker in sight.
Pretty sure if you gave ghost drones construction tools THEY would start making floors and walls look hideous just to spite the living, or as a funee joke. One interior decorator is enough.
(02-14-2020, 06:59 AM)Skornzy Wrote: Pretty sure if you gave ghost drones construction tools THEY would start making floors and walls look hideous just to spite the living, or as a funee joke. One interior decorator is enough.

An interior decorator doing nothing with their tools or no interior decorator at all on station - when you want your floors re-colored sucks as well.

I mean...if a drone would start to annoy you...you could simply destroy it.
The station tends to look hideous by the end of the day. Unless the ghost drone is just drawing dicks or something, it's not a big deal.
I like it being exclusive to the construction worker, personally. It makes it feel like a special role.
Whenever I play construction worker I generally scan all my tools into mech lab (also thank you to the coder that fixed the construction visualizer bug) and people don't generally use any of it.

Hell I even made copies of the painter tool and tossed it around the station to see them still in the same spot 30 - 40 minutes later most of the time. Also the sprites in the painter tool are still the older sprites as far as I know. It needs the newer stuff added and the thing is annoying to work with unless you know exactly how to use it and even then you still fumble around with the thing.
I've said it before and I'll continue saying it, I'm not a big fan of the construction worker as a human job, and I think this suggestion - giving the fun tools to ghostdrones - would be a nice solution. Uglifying stuff isn't a particularly big concern imo, and it would help with the little offstation constructions you sometimes see ghostdrones make.