Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Centration is greenlit.
I know a few of you grump at the idea of centration, but it's greenlit by valve now.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... oPreview=1

I'm waiting for release before I get my hopes up, but it should be interesting if someone turns it into a 3d spaceclown farting simulator, just to counter the original space horror design.
get this filth out of here
atomic1fire Wrote:it should be interesting if someone turns it into a 3d spaceclown pooping simulator, just to counter the original space horror design.
The developers have literally no idea what they are doing.
You mean like the original SS13 devs?
There was only one dev, and he knew what he was doing. He just didn't count on it being taken off in a completely different direction. He even made a blog post about it, people not RPing and just murdering each other.
Yeah, but who tries to make a survival horror game in BYOND with south park-style graphics?
He wasn't making a 'survival horror' he was making a station with an emphasis on roleplaying. People just didn't play their roles and played with bombs and toolboxes instead.
Wasn't the focus supposed to be on atmosphere simulation or was that a joke
SS13 by exadv1 was originally started to test a new atmospherics system he made for his other games he was gonna have but then SS13 turned into an actual thing and here we are today wink
That showcase video looked 'laggy' as heck, and there was only one guy on the whole thing!
Aphtonites Wrote:The developers have literally no idea what they are doing.
I wouldn't be too hard on the guys. I mean the game is only in the pre-alpha stages.
epicdwarf Wrote:I wouldn't be too hard on the guys. I mean the game is only in the pre-alpha stages.
You should totally be hard on them.
This is exactly like warZ and the million minecraft clones on the xbox indie market. You can't just take somebody else's idea and make it again poorly with your own twist, especially if you don't understand why the original worked in the first place. See:
Readster Wrote:You should totally be hard on them.
This is exactly like warZ and the million minecraft clones on the xbox indie market. You can't just take somebody else's idea and make it again poorly with your own twist, especially if you don't understand why the original worked in the first place. See:
Calling it just a shitty copy like the warZ in its pre-alpha state is sort of bullshit. I don't mean to sound repetitive, but it is still only a pre-alpha. The only thing the devs have to show at this point is an unoptimized demo of a few mechanics. Plus, it isn't really a copy since it is made by the same guy.