Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let Changelings resist out of handcuffs based upon intent
(02-09-2020, 08:05 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: Yeah I was thinking if you could just make more of them then someone with an emag could just make a shit ton and emag them all

(02-14-2020, 03:43 AM)Flaborized Wrote: Other possible way to go about it that I've thought about: Maybe if you resist again while already resisting as a ling it could remove the cuffs instantly? With text telling you that you can do this when you resist. Avoids adding a New Button or Weird Intent Sensitive Interactions

I just realized a flaw with this: We would wind up in the same situation we're in now, where security officers tell suspected changelings to "resist multiple times" out of cuffs. For normal humans it just resets the resist timer.
Why did you post a reply to something I said in another thread? Are the forums being weird?
Also yeah I dont see having a difference other than just one more step for powergamey crew to catch a ling with handcuffs. Seems more like the only way to stop this is to adminhelp people that are obviously metagaming this hard because any sec officer doing this should be banned from playing sec for awhile. Its just not cool to do.
I think just an official statement that this is considered metagaming would be enough (if that's what admins feel). If you know enough about the game to know about this trick, you know how to follow the rules. Most people follow the rules, they just hate changelings a bit too much I think.
With the above considered, making it based on intent seems to be the best way to go.
Strictly speaking, it doesn't have to be intent based. The normal interaction for handcuffs could just be changed so pressing resist again doesn't reset the timer; I can't say we'd be losing much if such a minor thing was changed. That way, you couldn't tell someone to resist multiple times since it would look the same whether they pressed it once or were hammering the fuckin button.
I don't think making things intent based is a particularly good idea. Due to the double-resist being testable anyways, I think it being a separate ability is the best way to go about it; reminds me of the vampire's stun cancel somewhat.
(02-17-2020, 10:47 AM)saccharineChampion Wrote: I don't think making things intent based is a particularly good idea. Due to the double-resist being testable anyways, I think it being a separate ability is the best way to go about it; reminds me of the vampire's stun cancel somewhat.

Why not make like, a 'remold flesh' ability that lets them escape handcuffs/shackleboots/pins/grabs
(02-19-2020, 03:21 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote:
(02-17-2020, 10:47 AM)saccharineChampion Wrote: I don't think making things intent based is a particularly good idea. Due to the double-resist being testable anyways, I think it being a separate ability is the best way to go about it; reminds me of the vampire's stun cancel somewhat.

Why not make like, a 'remold flesh' ability that lets them escape handcuffs/shackleboots/pins/grabs

You know, that's actually an aspect of Changelings that doesn't get much play. Their ability to morph their bodies means they should be beasts at grab and hold based things

The ability could be context sensitive to not only break free from constraints, but also to aggressively counter a grab or enforce one you have by warping your flesh to envelope your victim