Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NPC monkey riots
We already have animals that attack you when click on them with the wrong intent (As I found out when I promoted George to HoS and tried to take him to his new office) so let's take it to the next step by making NPC monkeys riot whenever something attacks them. Basically if a monkey sees another monkey get attacked then both monkeys will fight back.

This will be hilarious and also give changelings a new way to hide from the crew. The changeling could quickly turn into a monkey, lead the crew to a place with lots of real monkeys, catch a taser bolt in front of them, and run off while the other monkeys start tearing people's faces off and screaming.
That'd be hilarious, and it's completely possible too. Clown NPC's on the tg build do a similar thing.
Yes yes yes YES. This would be hilariously awesome. Invade qm/electronics as a monkey/changeling and get a boatload of monkeys. Wait for someone to attack one and watch as the whole swarm goes apeshit (heh), screeching and roaring across the halls.
Don't geese do the same thing?

But yeah this is a great idea.
Oh god yes, this sounds amazing
Monkey see, monkey d- OH GOD THEY'RE KILLING ME!
Make monkeys extremely robust, fast, and attack out of sheer panic if they are suffocating and this would make the "kill 50% of monkeys on the station" alot more funner and funnier.
I can imagine a smug traitor stroll into genetics monkey pen, light a trick cig, only to get chased by fast monkeys and his face gnawed off.
Sundance Wrote:Make monkeys extremely robust, fast, and attack out of sheer panic if they are suffocating and this would make the "kill 50% of monkeys on the station" alot more funner and funnier.
I can imagine a smug traitor stroll into genetics monkey pen, light a trick cig, only to get chased by fast monkeys and his face gnawed off.
Yes! I can't wait to see some TG veteran's reaction when he finds out he has to work for it.
*QM traitor round how to win guide*
1)Spend 30 min getting cash
2)Buy monkeys
3)Cry havoc and let loose the simians of war!
Cloaker. Vend monkeys. Hit one.
In all honestly, adding in monkey anger and then making them track by smell instead of sight would be wonderful. A perfect counter to all the people claiming that cloak nowadays is too powerful would be angry guard monkeys set to attack.
Ever since we reached Tau Ceti, the lab monkeys have been acting strangely. Nurse Loesser picked one out of a cage to be brought in for vivisection and the rest of them, I mean the entire group, stood up on their legs and howled. This wasn't just a random display, it was a protest.

What I mean is YES

The concept of the monkey objective going from the worst/easiest to the best/hardest and having trained attack chimps chasing cloakers en masse is the best suggestion I've seen on this forum in ages.
Wonkmin Wrote:We once had angry monkey AI but it didn't end well.

Why, what happened?

Also lol, I was totally thinking of system shock 2 when I suggested this
I've been asking for this since a few months before cogmap was finished, older better coders said it was either impossible to do or too hard to do currently, but I don't believe them.
Cogwerks Wrote:I've been asking for this since a few months before cogmap was finished, older better coders said it was either impossible to do or too hard to do currently, but I don't believe them.

I've seen it done in the /tg/ build with clowns. They have a retaliate variable or something.