Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Suggestions to make QMing better
The way that quartermaster currently works is pretty alright however there are some minor details that drag down the work flow of it. The first issue being traders and how they work.

While the RNG of traders isn't entirely problematic, the results of it are. Once any of the character traders (Gragg, Josh, ETC) appear with in range, their items for sale and what they buy are set in stone until the round ends. This is an extremely limiting feature that restricts the player for no reason. Certain items that players might want, either for making money or for spending, are locked away and are completely inaccessible. This just makes things even worse if your luck really runs out on all the other traders, forcing players to wait out to the next market shift just to see if they may or may not get a new generation of traders.

My two suggestions to improve this would be to either A) display all of traders ware and interests whenever they're in range or B) have the traders generate a new set of ware/interests when they come back into range. With option A you have more freedom in choosing how and what you want to sell. If people think that might negatively affect the balance of QM then option B can be used instead. By letting traders generate new items for sale, it prevents gameplay from going stale due to exhausting your options.

Another thing I think should be addressed is the cost and prices of items. As an example, Vuldrakk the Shrouded will buy brains around the 1k credits range. However, Panizi Hudan will buy 1 cigarette for around 200 credits, with a packet from a vendor costing 20 credits. The price/work ratio is quite off balance and revamping some of the numbers on not only traders but also from cargo requests would help considerably.

In conculsion I think these are the best changes I could think off. They wouldnt require a huge amount of work (at least I dont think so) but would still help making QMing considerably better. Let me know what you think.
I'd love to see often ignored stock market integrated into the QM equation. For instance, Rival mining companies that drive down the price of ores by flooring the market with them