Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Character Names entry on forum profiles
This is a suggestion for the forums rather than the game itself, so I hope this is the right section for this.

It would be pretty handy if users could enter one or more character names into a field on their profile, which would then display under their rank or under their BYOND username. It's pretty hard for me to connect names to ckeys, which I think is a bit of a shame when some people have really interesting, compelling characters. We really spend the entire game looking at names instead of ckeys anyways, so it wouldn't be a stretch to include them on our profiles, right?
I like it big grin
Sounds good, although it might not work depending how open the forums are to additions and changes like that as I know some forum hosting services only provide hosts with their own preset format with very little that can be changed. We'll have to find out I guess
(02-10-2020, 10:30 AM)Carbadox Wrote: Sounds good, although it might not work depending how open the forums are to additions and changes like that as I know some forum hosting services only provide hosts with their own preset format with very little that can be changed. We'll have to find out I guess

I was thinking of that too, but we already have a "byond username" field, and the "additional info about X" in the profile screen sorta implies theres room for additional entries.
Good idea! You can now set your character name(s) in your user control panel.