Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Short Documentation of Quantum Cargo Holds
As of right now, a Cargo Hold containing an air-creating artifact with enough force to push around objects will exhibit very strange (and interesting!) properties. I spent a decent part of a round playing around with one. I wasn't able to get as much done as I would've liked, but I'd like to present to you my findings in this poorly formatted post!

Property 1: Slipperiness.

Upon putting the air-tifact in the Cargo Hold, you will immediately notice this property. The Quantum Cargo Hold will move around randomly to adjacent tiles, but will not blow other items around like the artifact typically does. This in and of itself is somewhat amusing, but there is another fascinating facet to this property. The Cargo Hold will move even if it's in a container. This includes your hands! A moment after holding it or having it in your backpack, the Cargo Hold will teleport to an unoccupied tile adjacent to you.

https://gfycat.com/idealdeadgardensnake

However, the cargo hold will not appear to have left your hand.

https://i.imgur.com/n0yp56B.png

This brings us to the second property!

Property 2: Ghost Imaging

Upon dropping the Ghost Image of the Cargo Hold in your hand, it will teleport right to your feet! Boo

https://gfycat.com/insidiousgeneralapatosaur

The drop-teleport will happen regardless of distance or z-level. This will also be triggered by any event that would normally cause you to drop an item, such as slipping. It seems to operate on the principal that only one of these Cargo Holds can actually exist at one time. Interestingly, stickers applied to the ghost-image only appear on the in-world object if you drop-teleport it. If Slipperiness pulls the item out of your grasp, the stickers on the Cargo Hold are separate, and will only appear when it's blown out of a container again, not when it's dropped.

Applications and Strategy

This is almost entirely useless! Unless there's some huge thing I'm missing, the applications for this tech are very limited. However you CAN impress the crew with your neat magic trick, or feed the masses with infinite lightly-fried Cargo Holds.

Unanswered Questions

There's a couple of things I wasn't able to address in my research, I invite you to test these things on your own and share your findings!
  • What happens if a crew member is surrounded by tiles on all sides and they pick up the Cargo Hold?
  • What happens if you stick a spy sticker on the ghost-image of the Hold? What about the version after it's blown out of your hands?
  • Some other third thing so that this list looks cleaner?
That's all for this post. I invite all of you to conduct tests with this strange phenomenon if you get the chance. Ciao! bee
So, what happens if that same cargo hold also had a person (trapped in a crate) inside?
So, what happens if that same cargo hold also had a person trapped in a crate being juggled by a clown?