Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Random Events Ideas Dump
Howdy, Crew!

Similar to my botany ideas dump I am doing an ideas drive for random events to code for the station.

Format:

Format bad forget the format ok?

just suggest crap ok?

If your idea requires sprites you do not need to provide them. if you see an idea without sprites that needs them please consider making sprites for it if you like it

I make no promises that I will code any particular idea,nor do I promise that if I code your idea I won't take artistic liberties.

Thanks in advance, everyone.
Random Event Name: Meat Shower
Minor/Major: Minorrrr?
Minimum Staff Size: idk lmao
Minimum Round Time: idk lmao
Additional Prerequisites/Exclusions: idk lmao
Description: Meat appears on the station. Just fucking everywhere. Possibly outside as well. (We went through a meat cloud.) Mystery meat, gibs, hot dogs, et cetera. It's like the Kentucky Meat Shower, in space!! You may want to just spawn it and prevent the throw behavior for some of it though unless you WANT blood to get everywhere.
Random Event Name: Zombie Outbreak
Minor/Major: Major
Minimum Staff Size: 30+
Minimum Round Time: 120 mins+
Additional Prerequisites/Exclusions: I dunna, what seems fair
Description: A sleeper virus has started infecting the crew members! Stop the outbreak before it's too late!

Inspired by an admin event. Some notes about possible additions to the idea. After a set amount of time and if the outbreak isnt contained, NT starts to nuke/bomb the station. If a crewmember is bitten/attacked by a zombie, theres a chance that they'll become infected and will slowly become a zombie.
Random Event Name: Space Animal Migration
Minor/Major: Major to Minor
Minimum Staff Size: 5
Minimum Round Time: 30 minutes
Additional Prerequisites/Exclusions: Scales with
Description: Migratory space critters like birds or cats or something make their home somewhere on the station and eventually go away. Scales in severity based on elapsed round time and number of crew members (possibly up to things like 1 space bear?)
Random Event Name: Chemical Leak
Minor/Major: Minor to Major
Minimum staff size: Janitor to aisle 9 for a wet mop cleanup
Minimum Round time: Any.
Additional Prerequisites/Exclusions: Whitelist might be needed due to specific chems not liking existing in fluid form, or due to being explosives.
Description: A Random pipeline somewhere on the station bursts, favouring maintenence (not needed to be an actual pipeline) and begins slowly leaking a random chemical into an expanding pool.

Technically, it can be both positive, and negative as it can provide the crew with a random assortment of a benificial chemical, or traitors with poisons. It also would use fancy fluid code.

Ideally you'd want the chemical capped at a certain amount, so it wouldnt *completely* flood an entire maint shaft/hallway/department, but would be big enough to be annoying.
gravity wave upset
major (like magnetic fields)
people: idk what num sounds good, 15?
time: 25 or 30 mins in sounds good
additionals: nah
desc: spawns a buncha random gravity wells all over the station that are either attractors or repulsors, kinda like the artifacts, the wells are invisible, just serve to go and mess with people for a while before they disappear after 45 seconds to a minute??

drain surge
minor (not a lot of drains on station aye?)
people: 10 or so
time: 15 mins???
additionals: has to be drains on the station z
desc: each drain becomes a fluid spawner and spawns a food amount of a random messy disgusting fluid (blood, sewage, compost, puke, ants, spiders, water, piss, bread, cheese, sex on the beach) every 2 seconds. this continues until the drain is welded, or the event ends after about 2 or 3 minutes.
Very Literal Solar Flare
Majorish

The station is passing through the corona of a star.
Space briefly turns to fire of a random color and heat. Things on the station that aren't in maint have a chance to ignite. Lockers, pods, etc. will probably still protect you.

Incidentally, if this happens while you are a vampire, and you're dumb enough to be out in space, you are killed instantly.
Bonus Cash
major/minor: minor
minimum people: I have no idea, probably real low though
time: any I guess
additionals: If round score is tracked mid-round, requiring a high round-score might be neat. I dunno if thats how that works though
Description: The station is doing good, so Nanotrasen is giving everyone a bonus! Go buy pizza or cat ears or something. (The bonus would be immediately added to everyone's accounts, and would be scaled based on their current salary.)
I personally never find that I run low on credits, but I think it would be a neat little thing for flavor.
new post because life is a fucking nightmare

backwards disposals shit idk
time: 15mins
pop: 10+ people
adish: idk
desc: a bunch of disposals units start throwing random garbage around (glass shards, scrap material, empty pill bottles/syringes/medkits, paper balls, boxes, pens, scrap (crusher style), limbs (rare), meat (rare), organs (rare) and whatever other crap people flush. i kinda want it to be like an edplosion of garbage around like 4 or 5 disposal chutes, so maybe have each one throw out 3 or 4 or 5 items??

alcoholic nebula:
a portal spawns in a room that continually adds to a newsmoke cloud of some random alcoholic chem and closes after a bitm (blacklisted studf like grog, freeze, dbreath, bojacks not wllowed). inspired by the fact that theres a nebula out there that apparently is made out of booze and smells like raspberries

farticus
time: 30mins
pop: 30+ people
addish: room has to have an atmos vent in it
desc: fills a random room with a shit tonne of fart gas lol
Nathan ZabloafToday at 12:07 AM
@omj post it on the thread
"station become: dark. all the lights are and must be replaced BUT THE DOORS AND MACHINES STILL WORK"
(02-06-2020, 09:08 PM)OMJ Wrote: Nathan ZabloafToday at 12:07 AM
@omj post it on the thread
"station become: dark. all the lights are and must be replaced BUT THE DOORS AND MACHINES STILL WORK"

cause ysee i could see the "engine isnt set up" monkeys paw curling a finger back

event: temporary psychic flux
major
everyone gets body swapped for a minute or two, but returns to their original bodies later. if you got swapped into your target, throw yourself into the gibber!
The Perseids

its like meteor storm
but worse, and lasts longer
and from all sides
yep, surely this will lead to fun.
I'm on mobile, so no templating.
Minor
Invading killer snails.
The Syndicate has unleashed a slow, determined snail. One snail per target crew-member, laced with a targeted-neurotoxin or small bomb.
If the snail gets with a block from you, your dead. So someone else must help you kill it.
The Syndicate Ordeal

Similar to the wasp event, except it spawns syndicate NPCs that vanish mysteriously on death, leaving naught a trace.
If not dealt with, station budgets, and credit accounts are drained of half of their amounts, and they vanish.
Quarterly review

An NPC  from NT arrives on the station  and takes a tour using the tour bot path. When they arrive they take an assessment of the area and assign it a grade.

While they're in station, certain conditions can affect their journey and timing. For instance, if their favorite drink is waiting for them at the bar, they will linger there while they enjoy it, delaying their next 
stop and giving the bar bonus points. 

When (and if) they complete their tour, they rally their results and give a final score. A good grade leads to a bonus reward for the crew. 

Traitors can prevent the NPC from completing their tour, or ensuring a bad grade as a bonus objective