Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.17 Average
Armory Expansion
(02-06-2020, 11:00 PM)Podrick Equus Wrote: Emergency Response Suit
- A red and blue colored space suit and helmet. Fashioned similar to the NTSO suit
- No movement slow, slightly less armor than a bulletproof vest
- One to three depending upon size of map (One on Atlas, Three on Cogmap 2, Two on every other map perhaps)
- Provides status updates to the wearer about their health (example --- ALERT: Toxic materials detected in bloodstream)
- Contains Injector Belt functionality, could potentially start with 10u of Epinephrine that is injected when the user drops below 0% HP

As an addition to this, I also believe it might be worth considering giving this theoretical suit the same chemical protections that bio suits give.

It's meant to give you a lot of utility at the cost of less damage resistance than bulletproof vests.
(02-07-2020, 09:57 PM)mbc Wrote: for those who may have missed the changelog message - the riot armor now provides a 'disorient resist' buff (reduce the length and the stamina loss from any stun that Disorients you and isn't a eye or ear based stun). I feel like this should compensate for the slowdown - i think the current resistance is at about 30%? So we could potentially make that number a bit higher if its still not worth wearing

I'll have to test it out some more. I don't think I've used it since the armor update.
Going to take a break from spriting, but here's a final update for today regarding the pulse rifle I was playing around with.

[Image: YJMhRrZ.png]

I'm pretty happy with the progress made today. Thanks to everyone who gave me advice.
Idea: HoS locked "weapons free" button in the armory that turns off the Contraband check for securitrons, guardbuddies, and security checkpoints, complete with announcement

Also, a "martial law" modm for the button that announces martial law but doesn't actually do anything
I've been thinking along the lines of class gear for Sec, and I've got some ideas for roles and things they might have

The Vanguard - They form the basis of a defensive line. They're armed with a two handed pole that can deploy a heavier duty version of the barriers forcefield that is three tiles wide. It resists more damage, blocks movement, and it deploys two rather than one tile away. The pole itself can be used as a melee weapon that's particularly good at disarming and tripping

The Waterbug - They have a High Pressure Water canon, with back mounted tank. It can spray a stream of water that knocks back those it hits

The Exfiltrator - They are all about getting into and out of a hostile situation quickly, usually with someone in tow. Their specialized space age suit protects them from cold, slips, sudden flashes, and most things that would slow them down. They have deployable balloons they can stick to people, lifting them into the air making them easier to move and carry, and a roll of zip ties to quickly cuff uncooperative people.
(02-08-2020, 11:53 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I've been thinking along the lines of class gear for Sec, and I've got some ideas for roles and things they might have

The Vanguard - They form the basis of a defensive line. They're armed with a two handed pole that can deploy a heavier duty version of the barriers forcefield that is three tiles wide. It resists more damage, blocks movement, and it deploys two rather than one tile away. The pole itself can be used as a melee weapon that's particularly good at disarming and tripping

The Waterbug - They have a High Pressure Water canon, with back mounted tank. It can spray a stream of water that knocks back those it hits

The Exfiltrator - They are all about getting into and out of a hostile situation quickly, usually with someone in tow. Their specialized space age suit protects them from cold, slips, sudden flashes, and most things that would slow them down. They have deployable balloons they can stick to people, lifting them into the air making them easier to move and carry, and a roll of zip ties to quickly cuff uncooperative people.

Sec class gear would be a nice counterpoint to Syndie class gear. I almost wonder if these should be in shades of blue like the NTSO op, to stand out better.
(02-07-2020, 10:36 AM)OMJ Wrote:
(02-07-2020, 12:40 AM)Dickles Wrote: I think the main problem with adding stuff to the armory is that anything you put into it is going to be used by badguys more than sec. If something really juicy is added to it it's going to make raiding it all the more tempting.

This isn’t a bad thing

I don't think it's a bad thing either, I kind of worded that poorly. But I feel that, because it's easy to get into places in this game and steal stuff, armoury can only really have tame items; you don't want a traitor with traitorgear AND something powerful that's easy to steal. Or some random staffie to take it either just because they can. There's some nice stuff in the armoury, but I still think an energy gun is better than anything you can find in there. There's a lot of interesting traitor items that have a special place in our hearts but I feel like the armoury is limited because anyone with some basic tools can get into it. I don't want sec to have ubergear or anything that would let them win all the time but it would be nice if they had something more wild when they really need it.

There's a backup communications console in the armoury; I would like it if the HoS could requisition additional gear from CENTCOMM, when they've decided that things have really become problematic. This stuff is expensive and it should only be used in a state of emergency; just seeing a blob isn't enough it has to have done some damage. Sure, the HoS is probably dead by the time things get this bad, but it's okay if we don't see this stuff often. Should be a rare occurence. Would let SEC have some access to some stronger stuff, but only when they reaaaally need it. If someone's qualified to be a HoS we can trust them to know when this is.

One trope I'm kind of dissapointed we don't really see in this game are eye-scanners and stuff. Like, sure, there's a handscanner mechcomp that gets used sometimes but that's it. To requisition this gear you don't just need the HoS's ID card, you need his hand or eye or something too. Would make it so it's a bit more involved to get this stuff; you can still do it, but the HoS has to be dead or compromised.
idea: a special vendor in the armory that lets you press the lawgiver into it to expend its full charge for half that many shotgun shells with a similar effect to the mode the lawgiver was on

you may be like "oh my god pulse shotguns NO", but if the HoS provides their team with these weapons and those officers are shit with them, that's on the HoS imo.

in general, more things that require HoS input in the armory would be cool; like the head of security's own little batcave that can be raided, sure, but all the best goodies are locked to them, while also not necessarily as effective in their hands as they are to share with their team.
make riot armour better - rn the slowdown just isnt worth the extra armour. make it like youre a fucking walking tank if youre wearing it

make riot shotguns better - honestly theyre pretty much just outclassed by tasers, unless youre thinking about lethals. this could be rectified by also having beanbag slugs avaliable in the armoury. theyre like rubber slugs but they knock people down for longer to make it a bit less bleh.

make capsaicin grenades cooler - they suck and see like 0 use. what if it became a smoke grenade so itd make a huge capsaicin smoke cloud, and if you didnt have a gas mask or complete space suit on you got dosed with capsaicin and got blinded a bunch.
Currently indev: Melee range door breaching tool, pulse (lawgiver setting) rifle & a stronger variant of nonlethal shotgun ammunition.