Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Make it so you can't force people to touch borging artifacts
They're not uncommon; if someone is collecting artifacts there is a good chance one will end up on the station.

I've seen a few people get executed by them. I know there are many ways to gib people, but this one doesn't feel good. I mean, it's not a gib, but a lot of people
don't really like playing borgs.
As an advocate of the force touching patch, I hesitantly agree.

It overshadows the force borging chamber. And yes, I know, it converts them into syndicate robots. But then take the example of a rogue ai combined with a borging artifact and an evil ne'er-do-well.

It also is a pretty cheap way of killing someone too, albeit not exactly.

On the other hand, the force touching patch has been pretty good change altogether though. There's also some legitimate uses for the borging artifacts, particularly towards force touching unclonable corpses.

SOOO. What can we change on this, without making borging artifacts a special case?

1. Increase the time it takes to borg an individual and allow players to resist out of borging artifacts.
2. Reduce the % chance of borging artifacts. Nothing too drastic mind you, maybe half of what they were.
I've seen people very much appreciating the force touching of corpses onto the artifact. Should we prevent that as well or is there a happy middle ground?
Maybe make it use the new pin mechanics?
There could just be a timer for force touching, similar to taking an item off of someone. People who are alive and able can break free or move away from the artifact, and people that are dead or unconscious...can't.

Sure, a minor annoyance for people who want to science for good, but at least someone doesn't die because someone's hauling an artifact around.
I hate that borging has become some sort of punishment for people.
Even as someone who likes playing Borg, the UI is really terribad.
A progress bar for the force touch could alleviate things if its being abused with borging artifacts.
Borging artifacts should be limited to 1-2 people to make them less powerful than the Syndicate borg maker, maybe?
(02-04-2020, 02:42 AM)Sundance Wrote: 1. Increase the time it takes to borg an individual and allow players to resist out of borging artifacts.

I've always thought it would be fun if the force borging process was more gradual, with limbs and organs being replaced before a full borging.

Breaking out before its finished could result in a few parts being replaced while still retaining humanity
yeah just clicking someone you grabbed onto an artifact with no timer or anything is pretty frustrating and very overpowered. You only need to click them onto an artifact once and they get borged whether they are pulled away or not. pretty ridiculous patch imo
I also like the force touching patch, this is just the one artifact that bugs me. Sure there's other artifacts that can be just as deadly, but they're random and usually not so bad. To be, borging artifacts used to be "Oh hey, don't touch artifacts without thinking about it!" but now they're a weapon.

A progress bar is a good idea I think. At least people have to be stunned for a bit.

I still think borgers should be an exception though, only allowing people that touch it willingly to be converted.
Borg artifacts are now one of the limited ways to revive players in the event cloning is trashed. Outright removing this feature is a bit much, though I agree it could use some tweaking to not be a weapon.

For the record, you should need an aggressive (second-stage) grab to force people to use it. A passive grab (one click) won't do it.
Just put an aggrab/timer on it
I still want to be able to use it on dead bodies
I saw a clown just going around doing this to people. This really does need a tweak