Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Remove the flash/cell assembly from the surplus crate
With the revamp of the syndicate pipebomb, I believe it's now the only traitor item than you can craft on your own.  It's kind of a bummer to get something you can easily make in your surplus crate or as a spy reward.
Or make it more powerful. like it completely blinds people on first click and gives radiation damage.
I just wish I could use it more than once or at the very least be able to recharge it in a recharger. I mean its got a battery attached to it, Might as well let us charge it back up again.
I think the single use is because you're cramming so much energy into the flasher that you set someone on fire.

The flasher breaks just from normal use.
Hmm good point. Maybe let us use another flasher on the assembly to repair it or use some glass on it or lenses from the mat fab?
smack a light bulb on it to fix it
I think the people recommending buffs to it somewhat miss the point of the suggestion.

The point is, you can currently make the Flash/Cell assemblies yourself, so getting one in a crate is very disappointing and practically a waste of the TC that the crate "spent" on it. At least the syndicate pipebomb was, as far as I know, stronger than any custom pipebomb, and took more than two steps with common items to make.

In the vein of changing gear to be unique much like with the syndicates-in-pipebomb, what if the traitor gear one was some manner of "plasmaglass-bulb flash assembly", which instead of burning out would rely on a self-recharging cell - it still would be usable only once at a time, but then it would automatically become usable again later. Of course, it would need to be uncraftable, or at least time-consuming to craft, to be worthwhile and not just run into the same issue.

Edit: I realise my post might look contradictory, since I first criticised suggestions for buffs but then suggested a buff myself. The difference is in making it uncraftable - the previously mentioned buffs, unless the authors intended otherwise, would be to both the craftable and the surplus crate assemblies. Either making only the crate one better and uncraftable, or making the crafting recipe more difficult, would solve the original issue.
So you are suggesting like a reusable flash assembly in the surplus crate because currently when you get one it feels like a waste? I suppose that makes sense. I was just trying to figure out other ways of making the flash assembly not feel like a waste to get in the crate.
(02-02-2020, 01:13 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: So you are suggesting like a reusable flash assembly in the surplus crate because currently when you get one it feels like a waste? I suppose that makes sense. I was just trying to figure out other ways of making the flash assembly not feel like a waste to get in the crate.

How about getting a box of them instead of one?
Do different powercells make the flash assembly stronger? If so maybe a box of the highest tier assemblies