Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Beneficial Pathogen Symptom Idea Dump
Hello, was just reading through old discord posts and saw a jokey suggestion that I think might actually be fun.
(So, disclaimer, the person that originally thought of this was @SwaggerLEL.)

A symptom that converts ethanol into omnizine (Or a similar healing reagent.)
I think it would actually be a really neat way to make a pathogen heal people without it just healing them slowly, and the ethanol requirement makes it so people actively notice it (because they need to drink alcohol for it to work) and also gives a really neat potential synergy with the symptom that converts chemicals in your bloodstream into omnizine.
(If overdoses become a problem, the conversion could potentially stop when the threshold is reached. I feel like a lot of "beneficial" symptoms have some tiny drawbacks that make me wary of using them in a non traitor round, like:
  • Beneficial Mutations killing people with cyberhearts when they get SMES human
  • Oxygen conversion giving people brute damage (although I can't get this OR oxygen production to work, so who even knows....)
  • Sunglass glands pushing off your actual glasses
  • never knowing if a t4 is cleansing or tox healing, and some people might not like their chems depleting faster
  • oxygen farts pushing people around every 5 seconds or so from the resulting winds
  • unlimited capacitor burninating people when charging them
All in all, lots of things that might be neat for the crew to have have some (more or less) tiny drawbacks that makes it so some people might not want it.
I would like to have more symptoms that I can give everyone without having to worry that two or three people will get mad.
Thanks for listening ^_^

Messages In This Thread
RE: Beneficial Pathogen Symptom Idea Dump - by zjdtmkhzt - 02-10-2020, 04:41 AM