Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major Synthomatic Irradiation Module not working?
Since the on-station Synthomatic now starts with an Irradiation module, I've been trying to use it to manufacture cures and vaccines without needing a suppressant recently. The problem is: it never seems to work.

I've tried asking on the discord if anyone else has tried using the Irradiation module, but I got little response, so I guess I'm making a post here.

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Load in a sample of a microbody
  2. Load in an appropriate amount of the correct Anti-Agent. (More than the suppression threshold of the pathogen)
  3. Press the button "Synthesize serum by irradiation" or "Synthesize vaccine by irradiation".
I've tried it numerous times, but the cures did not cure and the vaccines did not immunize (in fact, vaccines infected the recipient, as faulty vaccines do).

I have looked through the 2016 code, and while I can't know if it is still accurate in 2020, I believe the error may be somewhere around here.
https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...s.dm#L1474
When using the irradiation module, the found variable is always set to true, but the check that sets is_cure to true if found is true only happens the irradiation module is not used. This means that is_cure is can never be true when using the irradiation module, making cures and vaccines not work.

Not sure if I am wrong or if noone has ever tried actually using the irradiation module for the past 4 years, sorry if I am making some mistake and it is actually working.