Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silicon Killswitching
Hello. I just had a round where I had to killswitch a cyborg that had been emagged and went completely rogue. Unfortunately, I was killed shortly after initiating the procedure as the AI was rogued just as I was leaving the room. The cyborg then came in and disabled it's own killswitch. I don't really think silicons should be able to stop killswitching, as it defeats the purpose of it existing. Killswitching is supposed to be a safe way to deal with an incredibly dangerous and rogue silicon. If the silicon can just disable it immediately by accessing the console, there's not really much point to the console even existing. Could there be an ID requirement or something of the like implemented to cancel the killswitch as well?
That doesnt sound like an intended feature
I'm going to say no for a ID requirement. It's unneeded, and makes it far too easy to killswitch AI with nobody being able to do ANYTHING about it.
The AI requires an ID for the killswitch to be even activated in the first place. I just don't see the logic behind the silicon being killswitched being able to instantly deactivate it.