Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Feature] Engineers dismantling pre-built light fixtures and other electronics
https://github.com/binarysudoku/goonstat...ySudokuDev

This literally just removes the check for whether an electronic device is player-built, because modifying the layout of rooms is agony when you can't remove light fixtures that were already in the map and end up with a mess of lights clipping through walls!

If there are any issues with this please let me know and I'll try to get it working if there is some weird interaction that needs dealing with  bee
A simple patch whose premise is solely for quality of life. I like it! I hope to see this implemented.
does this affect everything scannable? if so this was discussed in the discord at length recently and unfortunately it's not as simple as you say.

at the very least, you need to have a z level check to prevent peeps from dismantling stuff in adventure zones

you also should probably consider blacklisting doors, the comms dish, and the cloner, potentially others. being able to easily delete those seem like an issue.

try pinging @mbc for more feedback.
what other things can you disassemble besides lights
i agree though, this should not work in the adventure zone
I feel like the issue of easily dismantling/destroying things would be easily solved by making it far easier to rebuild things, such as having machine frames and machine boards like how other servers have. This post is starting to become unrelated to the main point of the thread, however, so I won't add much more.
(01-29-2020, 04:56 PM)aft2001 Wrote: I feel like the issue of easily dismantling/destroying things would be easily solved by making it far easier to rebuild things, such as having machine frames and machine boards like how other servers have. This post is starting to become unrelated to the main point of the thread, however, so I won't add much more.

That's a good point tbh, I'll probably have a look at rebuilding first as a priority smile
I was under the impression you could dismantle light fixtures by using a screwdriver on them while the lights/power is off.
(01-30-2020, 10:17 AM)Zamujasa Wrote: I was under the impression you could dismantle light fixtures by using a screwdriver on them while the lights/power is off.

You can, but only if they were built by a player during the round
That's really weird, i wonder what the original reason for the distinction was. I don't reallly see a reason not to add this.
(01-30-2020, 05:22 PM)kyle2143 Wrote: That's really weird, i wonder what the original reason for the distinction was. I don't reallly see a reason not to add this.

I believe the issue raised was to do with potentially being able to deconstruct things in adventure zones or instantly deconstruct airlocks on the station (eg. armory)
(01-31-2020, 09:47 AM)Erinexx Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 05:22 PM)kyle2143 Wrote: That's really weird, i wonder what the original reason for the distinction was. I don't reallly see a reason not to add this.

I believe the issue raised was to do with potentially being able to deconstruct things in adventure zones or instantly deconstruct airlocks on the station (eg. armory)

i also heard on the discord this could maybe let you instantly deconstruct the cloner?
rejecting this patch since it's no longer needed after the deconstruction device rework