Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Add a deconstruction recipe to vending machines
One of the small things that makes station construction a bit of a hassle is vending machine/ vendors. They’re huge, immovable and have absolutely no way to properly remove them. You could technically say that hitting it with something till it gets knocked over is how you do it but it’s quite obvious a pretty shoddy solutions, not to mention the huge amount of brute damage it deals and you still haven’t really removed it.

I was originally going to suggest that the deconstruction device mechanics have in their locker should be able to deconstruct the stations vendors but decided against it as it would be way too easy to grief places like MedBay.
I kinda wish forklifts could move things like this, but at the same time you don't want to make it too easy to steal vending machines
I mean, I don't think stealing vending machines is an issue? There are other ways to destroy vending machines and stealing one is honestly funnier.

Stealing a Medicine vender (I forget the name of them lmfao) from Medbay would be like stealing an entire medkit locker, and is probably considered borderline griefing, for example.
Well, destroying them is possible, but a PITA. Mechanics can scan and rebuild (most) vendors, so what is the difference between destroying vendor and building one somewhere else and stealing them?

+1 for "Let the forklift be able to lift them", maybe with a disconnect the wires (somehow) first. Or after lifting before moving it.