HoS Application Ken Klepto
Usual Character Name: Ken Klepto, Reify Rade
BYOND Username: beeatingyou
Recommended by (if applicable): Luis Smith and Robert Greene or whatever his firstname is
Times Available: Never

Reason for Application (300 word minimum):

Last time I applied, it was because some HoS didn't live up to my make-believe standards of what he should have represented. I wanted to do things right. Well, not only is that guy no longer around, but I am even less interested in security than I was at the time.

I think security consists of 80% depressive self-loathing and 20% fun. Maybe a bit more fun now that tickets are in. All the low lows, the sad, unrecoverable deaths you never saw coming, the chaotic riots which makes you disillusioned and question why you even want to play the game, this is all forgotten when you reach that one high where the whole force is chill and you save some people. It's kind of like a risk vs reward thing: When shit has the potential to get really bad, it's much more rewarding when it ends up great. This is why I can only handle periods of being officer at a time.

Generally I come to the game because it's dumb and I like dumb stuff. Sometimes I want something more from my dumb stuff, sometimes I want to be nice to people. The latter is when I go for officer, HoP or when I used to be doctor. I shy away from doctor now that it actually requires some thinking though. I already think for a living, don't need to outdo myself thinking in my spare time. HoP let's you do whatever and is nice for helping out, but I don't want to be a HoP cop. HoP cop is just plain unfair to the antagonists with all the toys he has access to. ...HoS is somehow exempt from this because in addition to being a cop, he has to nanny the other cops.

There's this one thing that really gets to me though, rampages. Sure, guy, go ahead and rampage. It's legit, can't fault you for that, but I know how disappointing it is to spectate the rest of the round during rampage number one million when all you wanted to do was grow weed or whatever. I'll happily ignore treacherous shit, only fighting back in defence, but rampages are the one thing I go out of my way to try stopping. If giving in to peer pressure and applying for HoS again will put me in a position to do that, then sure, sign me up.

Security Experience (300 word minimum):

Experience? What else to say besides repeating the word to hit a word cap for a stupid 2d game I play to zone out. Experience. Well, I've played security on and off since Overystation. I tend to prefer the detective because people don't go nuts when he ignores misdemeanors. Though recently I feel confident enough in my ability to recover from a lynch mob that I don't really give a shit if assistants get angry that officer Klepto isn't arresting people who inconvenienced them.

I strongly prefer not having to make arrests. Warnings and threats are much better than babysitting some guy in a cell while he stews on ways to get payback. Not that there's any way around the brig when you have to stop some guy with traitor gear. Better to confiscate his bag of murder where people can't swoop in and steal stuff, but I really don't see the point in actually killing traitors or holding them indefinitely. Exception being the before-mentioned rampagers. If you pulled out a butchers knife or a school of maneaters and then went nuts, then you already knew that it wasn't going to end well for you when you were finally stopped. Live by the sword, etc.

Actually, in my experience, security is a newbie job. Anyone who's played the game enough to 'get' it is perfectly capable of surviving on his own for a decent amount of time, lending a hand when things get rough and knowing when to bail before a situation breaks out. Those guys don't need the tools from security as a crutch. New guys pick it because they have no idea how bad it can be. Okay, some of them do it for the power fantasy. These new dudes need the occasional not horrible person with them as a backbone to keep shit from falling apart.

That's pretty much it. I don't feel like writing up anecdotes of being a security guy.

In your opinion, what are the flaws and benefits of the current security layout (brig, cells, security room etc):

The double airlock front entry is the best thing to happen to security. Everything else about it is mediocre. The regular wall into the bathroom of genpop means the place might as well have a regular door there. Nice for saving dudes from jail, but not quite so nice if you really needed them in there. The whole area seems to rely on a SMES unit that caps at like 65K input, which is never set up. Thermals are gone, which trivializes officers to cloakers. The crate of flashbangs on the table are bad. Flashbangs are bad. Being deaf is unfun, permanently deaf even more unfun. Riot is decently fortified, but has four lockers of flashbangs. Fuck flashbangs. Ideally, I'd like a shockwire around riot like the AI core has. The interview room is pretty fancy and lets the odd detective think he's being useful. The straightjacket and easily accessible prisoner jumpsuits are nice to have, though underused.

Your opinion of Shrek (5 word minimum):

The first one had young Cameron Diaz in it. I liked young Cameron Diaz.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will): Nothing to write home about.
Yes.
A fun dude and a ticket scoundrel, absolutely fit for the position.
You are one of my favourite dudes, yes forever
Having played sec with Ken a few times recently, I think he's a great guy who'd definitely be a good hos.
Yes, I'd say Ken is fit for the beret and mentorship. He has the right attitude to security and the game in general - friendly, resourceful and knows how to utilize the environment around him. From what I've seen, he does a good job of coordinating with the team over the security channel, tries to defuse situations by talking first if possible and usually grants traitors a second chance without outright killing them. While he sometimes gets angry (e. g. the rampagers), I don't remember him holding cross-round grudges or anything. And yeah, those tickets!

Btw: It's Green, without the e.
*'~YES~'*

Whenever I see Ken he's usually a pretty cool dude and this application shows the exact attitude every HoS should have.
I've had fun chilling as sec with this guy. He's definitely got what it takes to be a HoS.
Yes from me.
Ken Klepto has been around for quite a while and as far as I can tell is probably the greatest