Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Architecture, furniture, fixtures, and utilities
So here's a master thread specially for things that can exist on station  related to the environment and player interaction. 

For instance, I was thinking about the idea of turnstiles, doors that allow someone to pass through one way. These, combined with the security scanners, could create a system of more public access to certain areas provided you had legitimate business and weren't trying to circumvent security

Another idea is for public payphones. Allow someone to place calls in areas like hallways or the bar at a small cost and get in direct contact with departments. 

Or how about clearance obstacles, such as pipes the run across maintence tunnels at head level. While standing they block your path, but you can crawl under them. Running into them too quickly without head gear can bonk you for a stun. More reasons to use the crawling mechanic and something to spice up chases.
Maybe even a traitor item that let's you set up trip wires this way. 

Diffrent floors have different footstep sounds to suggest texture, but how about actual texture differences that effect slip and fluid spread mechanics. Texture like carpet has high liquid absorption, and reinforced metal had excellet traction for low slip chances
i would really love more objects that are buildable and stuff. . . !!!

public payphones would be nice-- honestly as much as communication over the radio IS possible, i like stuff becoming more granular, like, phone calls, the radio station, pda messaging, intercoms, etc. because it frees up the radio for other things

turnstiles would be a fun addition for making custom "hey! check out this cool place i built!" areas (as would oxygen)