Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Swap how latex gloves leave prints with the other gloves.
The way that gloves currently leave evidence is just plain silly as latex gloves which are literally made not to leave any trace of activity are useless due to the fact that they leave partial evidence, while the unintended superior insulated gloves aren't even designed me to stealthy. Just switching around how those two mechanics work would help immensely. For a first, you wouldn't have to run around the station stopping and checking every person just to find a match in fibres.

Latex gloves only scramble your prints, which while it does impede confirming suspects with the forensics scanner device, one can still make use of the Security Records and compare the evidence with all listed records. While it would be tedious, the immensely underused Security Records / SecMate could finally be used for real investigations and would also give the detective actual work to do instead of playing Mini-Me with officers.

Not to mention that this change also impacts how antags would play. Prints could now be used to easily identify you and quickly put a stop in your plans, so now you either have to prepare properly or be stealthy and not to leave any incriminating evidence behind. Latex gloves aren't a rare or hard to get item either and it wouldn't require much effort to get either.

I think this is a small change that would greatly improve Security as well at Antag gameplay. Let me know what you think.
One problem is there are so many latex gloves on the station but then again anyone doing crimes will get a pair of insulated gloves anyway. So I dunno. Seems like an alright idea to make insulated gloves less good at disguising prints
I like it, having a specific glove be good for stealth seems like a great idea since gloves are literally everywhere
Speaking of having a specific glove for stealth. Maybe have a traitor/spy glove they can get that makes it so it leaves NO prints or fibers. Basically like no one touched the item or whatever. Become a ghost.
I think latex gloves should leave a trace ammount of talc powder on the things they touch, the gloves themselves, and the hands that wore them.

The power's chemical signature could be matched, but someone could also wash it off if they take that step
I like this idea.

As someone who rolls security, the main crux of the issue of people specifically hacking into places is those insulated gloves obscure the prints. This change wouldn't completely remove this obscurity but certainly would be able to reveal parts of the fingerprint strand if someone forensically scanned more than one object. Basically this would encourage good detective work, while also not entirely fucking over the crimer in question.

As per the latex gloves - this would allow your average scrub to hide prints (as they're fairly available in medical, can be produced in the prefab afaik?), while also being balanced that they only do just that. It would mean that if a player is trying to be secretive, then they'd want to bring insulated gloves (for the hacking, etc) AND latex (to cover their tracks).
Because the availability of the latex, if someone wants to be ULTRA secretive, they could carry two, which would severely hamper detective work.

Quote:I think latex gloves should leave a trace ammount of talc powder on the things they touch, the gloves themselves, and the hands that wore them.

The power's chemical signature could be matched, but someone could also wash it off if they take that step

Eh, you mean latex fibers? This is already a thing, they'll leave latex fibers which can be traced back to the original glove. Anything else is just kind of conflating the change.
I mean as a player who plays detective all the time and likes to find prints and DNA the insulated gloves are overpowered for criming. Not only do they completely protect when they are hacking into places they also hide prints and obviously anyone that is going to be hacking into places is going to have insulated gloves on. So pretty much every crimer has the gloves and its pretty much useless to check for prints most of the time. Sure they have ID'd fibers but unless Im going to go around scanning everyone that has yellow gloves on thats not going to help much. Also there are plenty of insulated gloves on station and you can even BUY MORE from QM. Everyone up to no good is going to have a pair of yellow gloves. I think we should make the insulated gloves less powerful and switch it to how the latex gloves work. Give insulated gloves a partial print and latex gloves can fully hide prints. That way if they want to hide prints they gotta switch between insulated and latex.