Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trivial You can grab yourself with a cloth
Clicking on other people with a cloth lets you aggressively grab people. This even works if you click on yourself. I could upgrade my grabs, though I couldn't suplex or smash myself against something, and I don't remember being able to reach the grab level where you start strangling the victim. 

I can't see any use for this, but I personally find it pretty funny, because it still repositions your character sprite leftward/rightward as if someone actually were grabbing you. Maybe code it to prevent the upgrading grabs thing, but make using it on yourself make you mime getting cloth-grabbed by someone, complete with the wonky sprite resposition.
i think its fine to be able to aggressive grab / strangle yourself with an item - you could even use this to muffle your voice and fake an assault on the radio
So, SaccharineChampion told me they reproduced the bug and gave me a few more details:they could upgrade their grab to strangle, which caused their stamina to reach zero, but becoming unconscious (presumably either from getting strangled or going below zero stamina--I think the first causes the second) broke the strangehold. And thinking about, yeah, that is a good use for grabbing yourself with the cloth--so maybe allow this behavior.
This seems like unintentional behavior that results in an oddly realistic/interesting mechanic. I'd be happy with this remaining unresolved, personally.

aka: "IT'S A FEATURE!"