Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unbolt all doors Option for AI
Since we have an "Unelectrify all doors" option for AI, why not have a "Unbolt all doors" options?

While we are at it I like to suggest the following checks for the "Un-electrify all doors" command:

1) If control wires are cut, the AI should automatically receive a single-line report report how many are unable to be unelectrified.

2) If said report is generated it should have a location associated with it. Similar to a fire alarm system notification. "Unable to remove electrification on 3 doors. 1 in Research, 1 in Aft Maintenance, 1 in Kitchen Maintence"

3) When the report and locations of the problem doors are given, the AI could manually force the doors to respond.
Katznelson Wrote:Since we have an "Unelectrify all doors" option for AI, why not have a "Unbolt all doors" options?

While we are at it I like to suggest the following checks for the "Un-electrify all doors" command:

1) If control wires are cut, the AI should automatically receive a single-line report report how many are unable to be unelectrified.

2) If said report is generated it should have a location associated with it. Similar to a fire alarm system notification. "Unable to remove electrification on 3 doors. 1 in Research, 1 in Aft Maintenance, 1 in Kitchen Maintence"

3) When the report and locations of the problem doors are given, the AI could manually force the doors to respond.
Yes, I have had some problems unbolting doors after a law, which allows me to kill humans, had been erased.
Also, I think it's more funnier if AI gets scolded for not being able to unelectrify some doors. No need for that kind of thing, I think.
That actually sounds like a really good idea. Especially because some doors are hard to see in certain camera arcs, and when someone's gotten themselves bolted into a bad situation, it can be hard to flip through the cameras and find the right door to save the poor fellow.

While we're at it, though, why don't we allow the AI to force doors where his wire is cut? We've already got a door on station with a cut control wire, which the AI can hack after an obscenely long period. Why can't it do that to every door where someone cuts the AI wire? Click on a door which someone has snipped your wires on, or a door where someone dropped bolts and cut power, or dropped bolts and emagged, and it automatically starts the same troubleshooting process used for the secret fun room, taking a minute and repairing the door?
Captain_Bravo Wrote:While we're at it, though, why don't we allow the AI to force doors where his wire is cut? We've already got a door on station with a cut control wire, which the AI can hack after an obscenely long period. Why can't it do that to every door where someone cuts the AI wire? Click on a door which someone has snipped your wires on, or a door where someone dropped bolts and cut power, or dropped bolts and emagged, and it automatically starts the same troubleshooting process used for the secret fun room, taking a minute and repairing the door?

That does currently happen.
Unbolt all doors would be really nice.

Also, the weird thing about hacking the door after someone cuts the control wire (apart from, y'know, being able to repair a wire by hacking) is that you can cut the AI control wire to an APC and it can't hack the APC.
Readster Wrote:That does currently happen.

Dear diary: Today I learned something. Today is a good day. v
Readster Wrote:
Captain_Bravo Wrote:While we're at it, though, why don't we allow the AI to force doors where his wire is cut? We've already got a door on station with a cut control wire, which the AI can hack after an obscenely long period. Why can't it do that to every door where someone cuts the AI wire? Click on a door which someone has snipped your wires on, or a door where someone dropped bolts and cut power, or dropped bolts and emagged, and it automatically starts the same troubleshooting process used for the secret fun room, taking a minute and repairing the door?

That does currently happen.

There are certain scenarios where you can't hack it, like when ALL THE WIRES are cut.