Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Help Camryn get back on her feet!
Heart 
Hiya y'all, Camryn/Camryn Buttes (distinct from the person who plays Camryn Stern in-game) needs your help. Through no fault of their own, life's dealt her and her family a tough hand, and they need money for the absolute mountains of expenses coming their way. In her own words:

Quote:To put it bluntly, I'm on a razor's edge right now and I need help.

I need money to take care of my dad and my furry family. I need money to pay off my debts. I need money to get HRT and start transitioning. I need money for a safety net in case my grandma boots us to the curb.

I need a fresh start. Please. I can't go on like this.

Camryn left Goonstation a couple years ago due to disagreements with staff (she's not too keen on elaborating on them, so don't press her for answers--besides it's not relevant to the issue at hand), so I imagine a fair portion of you may not be familiar with her. She used to go by Powmonkey/Noah Buttes and joined SS13 way back in 2011, around the same time as UrsulaMejor I believe. She made a lot of patches and coded a lot of the features you see today, such as burrito brewing, pathology nerfs, and, my personal favorite, eating pills via in-hand.

Even if these contributions mean nothing to you, she is still a woman in need. She doesn't deserve to see her father or pets suffer. She doesn't deserve to endure the absolute hell of gender dysphoria, depression, and suicidal thoughts. She's doesn't deserve to constantly worry about paying her student and medical debts or losing her home to a tyrannical grandmother. She doesn't deserve any of these burdens, much less all of them at once.

So she needs your help carrying them. She's set up a Gofundme (https://www.gofundme.com/f/tgshm-camryns...sheet+exp2) to help pay for these expenses, all 300k. 

I know, 300k is a lot, for sure, but every little bit helps--and in more ways than one. Recently, she's talked how she feels her life is utterly hopeless and how she barely has the energy to do anything. Even setting up the gofundme was a longshot for her; she's confessed she's worried it'll fail abysmally and she'll lose the hope that crowdfunding will help her, one of the few hopes she has. Seeing so many people offer her support and donate to her gofundme has really lifted her spirits. Besides, the way gofundme works, she'll still get the money if she doesn't meet the goal, so even a little bit is better than none at all.

So, help a girl out, will ya? Or, if you can't offer monetary support, maybe offer some verbal support, whether here or in the Discord?
I'm one of those old hats too.

I'll give what I can to Mrs Buttes when my paycheck rolls over... some point tomorrow. Fuck corporate America and its greed.

All the best.
Mrs Buttes was a staple when I started playing. Both helpful and also robust. Sounds like a perfect storm but I think/hope you will see a solid turnout from the community. Donation inc on next pay for sure!
I will donate something once I have my next paycheck. I hope everything works out..
This is one of the nicest things anyone has ever written about me.

Thank you so much, all of you.

Fuck.

I'm bawling here.
CW: death

Cassie's blood work came back.

Her kidneys have completely shut down.

We're going to have to euthanize

Edit: it's done.
My patient assistance program application for Focalin XR has been denied and we're in the process of appealing.

Until/unless the appeal goes through, that's gonna be an extra thousand dollars a month.
Update:

It got approved

Toots
Bumping this because Camryn needs your aid more than ever.

Basically, everything I mentioned in the first post either is still going on or has gotten worse. Medical expenses just keep climbing: dog is limping and needs ACL surgery, dad is going under surgery for failing eyes and may possibly have failing memories too, and mom needs surgery to keep her stomach acid from rising up and devastating her esophagus. Cat's died, as Camryn's previous posts have shown, so now she has to bear her family's medical problems, school, student loan debt, depression, and dysphoria without her best furry friend, as well as the prospect of having to take on a job to get family for family, because no one else in her family can.

Lot going on, and I imagine some of you are feeling overwhelmed, and that's alright. In the end, I want y'all to know that the most important thing is that Camryn needs your help getting her life back together. In her own words:

Quote:I am asking you all from the bottom of my heart, from the deepest depths of my soul, to *please* help us as much as you possibly can. Share our story with your friends, family, acquaintances, followers, and anyone else who might listen to you. Put up fliers around town, make a podcast, host a bake sale, do *whatever* you *can*.

Please. I don't know how much longer I can keep fighting by myself.

So, spread the word as much as you can and donate as much as you can; every little bit helps, for together all the little bits can do a lot. And the money can do a lot of things, but one of the most pressing is surgery for her dog to replace her torn ligament(s) and get 'em walking and barking and doing dog things again, so the funds'll likely go towards that. More importantly, it's going to help Camryn feel like she's not alone.
Does GoFundMe give the funds right away? Or is there a more immediate method? Sure this particular corona virus timing is awful for her.
(03-26-2020, 11:58 AM)vampirate Wrote: Does GoFundMe give the funds right away?   Or is there a more immediate method?   Sure this particular corona virus timing is awful for her.

Depending on when in the day you actually donate, I usually see funds either on the same day or on the next business day.

I have automatic daily deposits set up.