Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Feature] Sticks to Snakes wizard spell
https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...:snekspell

A spell that turns items into snakes! Pretty self-explanatory. The snakes are tinted based on the colour of the item you turned, whoa. If you target a person the item in their hand will turn into a snake. So if you have a bunch of nerds with acid beakers trying to melt your hat just turn their beakers into sneks. If you don't have a staff the snake won't be hostile until punched. Admins can use build mode's spawning objects in things to turn anything into a snake!
[Image: CIXQFGj.png]
Big thanks to Flaborized for the idea and the extremely good snake sprites.

The snake sprites from the dmi should go to icons/misc/critter.dmi, the spell icon should go to icons/mob/spell_buttons.dmi.

Attached Files
.dmi   snekspell.dmi (Size: 41 KB / Downloads: 2)
I cannot wait for an admin to turn motives on and then turn the toilets into snakes
Very cool. Just as a quick question, was it ever considered to make them have venom of whatever was in a container that is turned into a snek? 10/10 more snek means better game
I feel that making them inject whatever is in the thing you transform would make them a bit too similar to golems. Venom or other such poison could be better but I don't dare guess how balanced it would be. It's hard to balance things blindly like this.
very good point, and its awesome as is tbh
Are the sizes and health and damage of the sneks based on the size/rarity/value of the transformed item? If not, this patch is still hella cool, but if so, HELL YES.
Wow this is dope please merge it immediately.
this is sick
I also thought about basing the stats off the item or just having the snake attack you with the item directly. But I like it more as a utility spell you use to deny crew resources rather as a spell for which you find the most powerful weapons on the station and then turn them into snakes. But I'm open to discussion because I'd like to see something like a paintcan snake attacking people and painting them that way.
If you turn sticky notes into snakes they should delete themselves and add a sticky note to the target, so that you become an increasing mass of stickynotes as you take damage each time
Occasionally the spell should make a badger instead of a snake
Perhaps as a counter, chaplains could smack the snakes a couple of times to bring them back to their original form? Just a thought.
Oh right, I totally forgot to mention that killing the snake reverts it to the original item!
Love the idea of turning all the AI boards into snakes - looking forward to seeing this!
What a cool and fun patch! Implemented! queen greater domestic space-bee