Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.22 Average
Remove syndicate hat and variants from trinket pool
The syndicate hat is supposed to be a challenge, a sign that you think you can take on the entire station, and as such players are expected to kill you for the hat the moment they see you. Unfortunately, some chucklefuck added it to the hat trinket pool, so now nine times out of ten if someone sees a syndicate hat wearer they don't attack, just in case the person got it from a trinket. This is an obvious problem and should be fixed immediately. Remove the hat from the trinket pool, so we can always be sure someone wearing it got it on purpose.
i'm pretty sure about this, but putting on the hat means you can be beaten up for it. if you see someone wearing the hat, beat them up and take it
I think it should be a bit clearer that the Syndicate Hat makes you a clear target. If you put it on? If it's Time for Crime? You should be valid to at least be beaten up and have it stolen, if not necessarily killed. All should know and respect the power of the hat.

If you can get the Obsidian Crown, which will absolutely get you killed, you should be able to get the Syndicate Hat, which will probably get you maimed.
The problem with it being in the trinket pool is twofold:

1) the hat is supposed to be a flex. getting it for free isn't a flex. this makes the hat less cool.

2) killing people over a trinket hat is a dick move, so most people don't want to do it. people will call each other out in OOC over doing it and it causes fights. Nobody wants to start an OOC argument over a trinket hat, so they avoid the situation altogether.

This exact situation happened with the fake moustache. The fake moustache used to be a flex item to incite people to kill you over you wearing it. Then a bunch of non-traitorous ways of getting one started being added and the moustache lost all meaning. Let us, please, not let this happen to the hat also.
I agree to remove it from the trinket pool. If I see someone with that hat on I will shoot them to get that hat and I will feel bad later if it turns out they werent actually an antag and just a dude that got it as a trinket, even if putting on the hat means you are free game. Same as the syndie gear.
(01-24-2020, 09:42 AM)KikiMofo Wrote: I will feel bad later if it turns out they werent actually an antag and just a dude that got it as a trinket, even if putting on the hat means you are free game.

These people *do* have the option to just ditch the hat and never wear it. Don't wanna stand in the middle of your own crime vortex? Don't summon the crime vortex!

Plus, that darn hat makes it so much harder to use securitron spam to do anything other than give one random dope a really bad time. Like, you want Beepsky's entire police force to go take down the wizard, and nope, they're just gonna dogpile on some dipshit with a stupid hat.
I've gotten the hat as HoS a few times and it always results in fun. I don't really see any reason to remove it
replace it with a spacebux version

you can spend more spacebux to make it bigger

keep it until the end to earn slightly more spacebux than you spent. or steal someone's and take their spacebux. the ultimate flex
Instead of making that one a syndie hat how about a fancy golden tophat that gets taller the more bux it's worth
(01-24-2020, 03:39 PM)Zamujasa Wrote: replace it with a spacebux version

you can spend more spacebux to make it bigger

keep it until the end to earn slightly more spacebux than you spent. or steal someone's and take their spacebux. the ultimate flex
Yes
(01-24-2020, 05:26 PM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: Instead of making that one a syndie hat how about a fancy golden tophat that gets taller the more bux it's worth
Double yes
It has long been agreed that anyone wearing the illegal hat, no matter how they got it, can be murdered. Whether it's from a trinket or a syndicate uplink. This discussion has been had before and it has been settled.

I will say though, that there has been talk of a popup message or something on tje hat to warn you that wearing the hat means your life is forfeit.
The biggest problem with the hat isn't the fact that it's a trinket that gets you killed.

The biggest problem with the hat is that being a trinket makes it less cool, and also leads to less people killing you over the hat.

People just aren't all that interested in killing people over a trinket.
(01-24-2020, 07:03 PM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: The biggest problem with the hat isn't the fact that it's a trinket that gets you killed.

The biggest problem with the hat is that being a trinket makes it less cool, and also leads to less people killing you over the hat.

I can say that as a person who would like more opportunities to fight someone on relatively equal footing to me, rather than a 2-hit KO of "my ass flew off" and "I got shot with a fireball/lightning" I would absolutely be interested in hunting a person down over a trinket.
(01-24-2020, 07:18 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote:
(01-24-2020, 07:03 PM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: The biggest problem with the hat isn't the fact that it's a trinket that gets you killed.

I can say that as a person who would like more opportunities to fight someone on relatively equal footing to me, rather than a 2-hit KO of "my ass flew off" and "I got shot with a fireball/lightning" I would absolutely be interested in hunting a person down over a trinket.

We *do* need more opportunities to beat the crap outta each other.

Cant do it to cluwnes, you're just beating up the victim of a badguy.

Cant do it to clowns, no fun beating them up *before* they do something stupid.

Cant do it to lizards cus I'll fukkin cut ya.

But someone who put on a stupid hat? That might work. The hat works as implied consent that you're down to fight. Or something like that! Cus you *can* always just not wear the hat, or toss it in a hallway for someone who *wants* it.
(01-24-2020, 08:05 PM)Superlagg Wrote:
(01-24-2020, 07:18 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote:

We *do* need more opportunities to beat the crap outta each other.

Cant do it to cluwnes, you're just beating up the victim of a badguy.

Cant do it to clowns, no fun beating them up *before* they do something stupid.

Cant do it to lizards cus I'll fukkin cut ya.

But someone who put on a stupid hat? That might work. The hat works as implied consent that you're down to fight. Or something like that! Cus you *can* always just not wear the hat, or toss it in a hallway for someone who *wants* it.

To play Devil's Avocado I would actually love it if people beat me up as a cluwne because I generally give up on having a round after that, trying in vain to get people to kill me instead of having to *suicide.