Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Headspidered people should be added to hivemind
Hello,

A successfully headspidered person is kicked to deadchat once the take over is complete. I think they should be added to hivemind with a scary message about how they feel control slipping away.

Thoughts?
Agreed - but the caveat is that your previous hivemind has been lost to the winds.
Yeah I agree though I dunno about sundances suggestion. Do you usually get to keep your hivemind if you headspider? Its been so long since I was able to be changeling that I have no idea
(01-23-2020, 08:31 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: Yeah I agree though I dunno about sundances suggestion. Do you usually get to keep your hivemind if you headspider? Its been so long since I was able to be changeling that I have no idea

I actually think you don't and all get booted out when the body dies - so my suggestion was actually retaining the status quo. But very unsure as I haven't tested it, only under observation.
in fact you do keep your previous hive mind and can talk and continue to limbspider etc. just did it yesterday smile
I was confused by it, as both had actually happened to me and I was trying to remember which happened more recently.

I should of figured that not keeping my hivemind happened when I didn't control the headspider directly though.
Yeah I always assumed you lost all your DNA and absorbed identities if you headspider
I could have sworn headspidered people were added to the hivemind once the takeover was complete. If that's not happening it may be a bug.
(01-26-2020, 06:44 AM)Mouse Wrote: I could have sworn headspidered people were added to the hivemind once the takeover was complete. If that's not happening it may be a bug.

Can confirm that this is not the case, as I was headspidered in a really poor location (QM Cog1) and got booted out. Always entertaining watching the ling trying to mimic my mannerisms by being saccharin sweet.

Wasn't aware that the hivemind gets dragged along to the new host when headspidered, never witnessed it as the headspider change to being player controlled was a relatively new addition. I rescind my suggestion in that light, it would probably be best if there was no caveat.