Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Map vote incentive
[Moved by me. Wrong topic.]
Do we not already have rules on antagfishing? I coulda swore we did, Am I wrong?
I don't know if we officially have rules against it, but I'm pretty sure the admins will yell at you for it.
(01-24-2020, 12:24 PM)Technature Wrote: I don't know if we officially have rules against it, but I'm pretty sure the admins will yell at you for it.

https://wiki.ss13.co/Metagaming

Quote:Antag Fishing: When you continuously log in at roundstart and then leave the round by suiciding/logging out if you are not an antagonist. Everyone has to log out near roundstart from time to time and that's fine, but if we notice that you are consistently logging out every round except when you are made an antagonist there's a problem. Antag fishing may lead to an antag ban.
(01-24-2020, 02:01 PM)UrsulaMejor Wrote:
(01-24-2020, 12:24 PM)Technature Wrote: I don't know if we officially have rules against it, but I'm pretty sure the admins will yell at you for it.

https://wiki.ss13.co/Metagaming

Quote:Antag Fishing: When you continuously log in at roundstart and then leave the round by suiciding/logging out if you are not an antagonist. Everyone has to log out near roundstart from time to time and that's fine, but if we notice that you are consistently logging out every round except when you are made an antagonist there's a problem. Antag fishing may lead to an antag ban.
Well that solves that problem in regards to farming antag tokens. A token every 40 rounds is a good idea in itself
I've heard before from admins that Antag Tokens are on a strict "Only if we ruin your round" list, maybe the perception has changed since then as it was about 2 years ago now. My biggest gripe with Antag Tokens as a Space Bux reward is that it means people will be saving up their Bux and NOT spending it on other fun items. On the main topic of giving it over time, the amount of time it would take to get one is incredibly tedious and might make map-voting seem like a chore even if it's not actually a "grind". I think it's similar to games giving log-on bonuses daily, it feels scummy.
So in terms of the antag fishing, that is presumably 100% against rules (considering, ya know, Nerdy got banned partially because of it)

In the terms of what Wisecrack said, and adding the antag tokens as a spacebux reward...

That's the problem, is that some people already save up huge amounts of spacebux because they don't care enough about the current spacebux items to buy anything. I think that antag tokens would help to alleviate some of that problem in much the same way Chem Hint scrolls do. for example, I myself had almost 400K spacebux saved up before I knew of chem hints, now I'm down to 250K because those are about the only things I buy, and I try to make sure to buy one every round I'm in, and I think antag tokens would work in a similiar way.

However, I AM IN NO WAY for them being cheap, at least 100K spacebux is what the buying rate would be for them IMO
(01-23-2020, 08:14 PM)Flaborized Wrote:  The incentive is... that you want to play on the map you want to play on. 
I'd agree with people saying this is unnecessary. A way that voting incentives could backfire is by encouraging apathetic votes from people who are not invested in the results but desire the reward, which could complicate mapvotes. Examples include reinforcing a cog 1 victory that many of the voters didn't actually care about, or inspiring people to waste their votes on an unlikely map which ends up winning an upset plurality because of these so-called "wasted" votes which were only made on the implicit promise of it not actually winning.

Abstaining from a vote is a legitimate choice: People who care about the results will vote and people who don't care about the results won't vote, and that's fine. I don't think encouraging people who don't care about the result to vote anyway is worthwhile or useful to the experience.
(01-24-2020, 11:41 PM)cyberTripping Wrote: I'd agree with people saying this is unnecessary. A way that voting incentives could backfire is by encouraging apathetic votes from people who are not invested in the results but desire the reward, which could complicate mapvotes. Examples include reinforcing a cog 1 victory that many of the voters didn't actually care about, or inspiring people to waste their votes on an unlikely map which ends up winning an upset plurality because of these so-called "wasted" votes which were only made on the implicit promise of it not actually winning.

Abstaining from a vote is a legitimate choice: People who care about the results will vote and people who don't care about the results won't vote, and that's fine. I don't think encouraging people who don't care about the result to vote anyway is worthwhile or useful to the experience.
I didn’t think of how this could skew results. You’re right
I mean right now Cog 1 wins all the votes by default anyway. Thats why I had suggested in another thread that you shouldnt be able to vote for the map you are currently on to force some variety