Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Some v minor ghost drone stuff
I like ghostdrones. I sometimes spawn as a ghostdrone at round start if I feel like not engaging with the station and to kill time. However there's a few issues that i've come across.

Luckily, these issues aren't actually major at all, and for the most part ghostdrones feel balanced. 

1. Chargers need to be much much quicker.

Right now, it's much quicker to kill yourself, teleport to the ghost drone factory and respawn. Not ideal. 

2. Chargers need a centralized area - Robotics would be ideal

As chargers are kind of spread out in maint across map to map, you're kind of left wondering "hmm where is the nearest charger on this map", and you're kind of poking around maint to see where it is. Again, similar issue arises: Just kill yourself and respawn. If there was one in robotics, this would stop drones from the eternal wonder. 

3. AI PDA alerts are linked under the AI EYE - and engineering alerts reach Ghostdrones

This idea actually is useful outside ghostdrones. Currently, the AI PDA can use alerts - medical alerts, engineering alerts, sec alerts. However it doesn't do anything, under testing. This could be changed so that the PDA alerts are actually linked in where the AI EYE is looking, for example, if there's a medical alert in bar and the AI EYE looking there, it will be received by medical. 

On this note, the engineering alert could be received by ghost drones. 

4. Ghostdrone could have a small little item that sends Engineering alerts.

Not a PDA,  just a little item in it's inventory that looks like a controller with a button. Hitting the button will send an engineering alert to the AI / Engineering to it's location, exactly the same as Engineering Alert.

Yes, I know ghostdrones as a concept should not be communicating to the crew whatsoever, however for the most part, ghostdrones go relatively unnoticed, even if they write stuff on the ground with crayons. Ya'll very well behaved, aside from assday. 

This ads a little cute feature that the ghostdrone is effectively stating "hey, i'm working on this!" or "hey, lots a damage, could use a hand!", depends how the AI/Engineers want to interpret it.
I am all for speeding up Drone recharging significantly, as well as more central charger placement.
what if drones had a Factory Recall command that teleported them back to the factory?

what if the factory had more stuff that's convenient for ghost drones to use as a home base?

what if the factory had a set of poker cards so we can play insanely slow ghost drone poker?

do you think ghost drones ever miss home? sad greater domestic space-bee
I feel as current chargers are already in a nice spot regarding locations - if you often maints, you absolutely know where they are, and having a 'central' location to charge would be slow and tedious to goto every time.
Regarding charge time, I absolutely agree - there is no fun standing in one place for quite a bit.
(01-24-2020, 04:53 PM)polivilas Wrote: I feel as current chargers are already in a nice spot regarding locations - if you often maints, you absolutely know where they are, and having a 'central' location to charge would be slow and tedious to goto every time.
Regarding charge time, I absolutely agree - there is no fun standing in one place for quite a bit.

You could keep all the current charger locations, just make it a thing where robotics always has at least one charger, so any player on any map knows exactly where they can go for one
How about having an optional hud element that points to the nearest charger?
I agree with the first two points raised by sundance. I don't play ghostdrone often, so i cant really comment on the latter two.

Also, urs's comment is very good. It would be good to let ghost drones teleport back to the factory and for the factory to be a veritable eden for ghost drones with anything their CPUs desire.